Sign in to follow this  
IdOinCABO

SHOES FOR BEACH WEDDING???

I know, that has been the reaction I get too when I say flat sandals or bare feet!

Originally Posted by mexicobride422 View Post

I have no idea if I should wear shoes or not.. When they were taking my measurements at the bridal salon I told them I was thinking about wearing flats or going barefoot down the aisle and everyone looked at me like I had five heads.. I just can't imagine walking on a beach with heels on..

:(

I may do a practice walk this summer when I go for my site visit.. lolol

For those of you who are going to go barefoot on the sand and then wear heels for the reception how are you getting your dress hemmed for barefeet or heels? 

Great question! I am getting hemmed for three inch heels... Thats what the bridal consultant suggested... Not sure how it will end up.. I'll have to wait til this winter to see!!

I think barefoot all the way for anything on the beach! Shoes are great for pictures when you aren't on the sand so I am sure I will purchase a pair of fun shoes that i would wear again so that I am not just wasting money for a few photos!

I have the same question.  I planned on being barefoot for my wedding and so they talk about measuring me for that so I assumed my only option was flats for the reception...Does it work to measure for heals and go barefoot really???

Well considering my reception is still on the sand I won't be putting on shoes, but for brides I have worked with, they wear heels to get dress hemmed and then dont mind the little bit of extra fabric during the ceremony. It could vary based on your dress so I would go with what the consultant is suggesting!

I would definitely say go with what the consultant suggests since consultants (generally) are experienced and have come across all sorts of brides and occasions; if  they say get your dress measured for heels if you are planning to wear heels for your reception, you probably want to do that. It makes sense to me since you'll be wearing them longer - ceremonies are usually shorter than receptions. When you walk down the aisle barefoot or with flats/flip flops, you'll just want to be a bit more careful and walk a little slower. I don't think it would be that drastically different, particularly if your heels are not more than 2.5 inches. If you think the extra fabric is going to trip you up down the aisle, maybe you want to look for some wedges. Those will have similar heights to the heels and you can walk down the aisle without your heels sinking in the sand. 

I'm wearing flip flops for my ceremony and probably taking off the shoes altogether for the reception since both will be on the sand. My mother practically flipped out (ha ha) when I told her about flip flops. But then she calmed down when I showed her that they weren't those regular Old Navy type flip flops. I do have a pair of pretty heels for photos, just in case, but I doubt I'll actually put them on as I'm not sure what it would look like since my dress was hemmed for flip flops. I guess we'll see. 

They were not bad. I wore them for probably 1/2 the time and then i wore my sandals the rest of the time. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my blue shoes ;)

Hey Ladies! 

For my wedding on the beach I wore barefoot jewelry and gifted them to all of my girls as well with the rest of their jewelry. They ended up wearing them the entire night! I switched into heels for the reception. They still wear them on vacations and brides are loving them. The great part is, we all spend so much on shoes, but barefoot jewelry can actually be worn, and re-worn! They make wonderful keepsakes that can actually be customized to match the rest of your (and their) jewelry too. I've included a few pics of my own wedding below :)

{Red-i} By Chelsea Barefoot Jewelry

Chelsea+Eric_W_0018.JPG

Chelsea+Eric_W_0330.JPG

While in Cabo...

DSCF1223.JPG