Photo

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#321 Kristy28

Kristy28
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

We booked the beach reception and you pay $15 per person which is to have a bar tender on the beach serving you. You still pay for your wedding package. If you want to have a beach reception including dinner on the beach it is $55 per person.

Hope this helps/

Wedding booked for December 12, 2012 at the RIU Ocho Rio....cannot wait.....it will be the best day of our lives

#322 Roxanne

Roxanne
    • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:03 AM

Thanks so much for posting this information.

I would LOVE to see the information you have for the free wedding package.

I'm actually getting married in 2012...but any information would be helpful. 

Thanks so much

Roxy

#323 Roxanne

Roxanne
      • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

My word these are beautiful!  Man.

Did you get your bouquet from this site as well?

Congratulations.  I'm glad married life is just as good as the wedding.

You all look beautiful.

#324 tkpickard

tkpickard
        • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

Newbie...ROR Bride for June 23, 2012...EEK!

I have been reading and searching all over this forum, but there doesn't seem to be much posted about the Private Beach Dinner/Reception they offer. Has anyone on here done it? Or know what is included in the $500 set up fee? Tables, chairs, linens? What kind of lighting? I love the idea of a beach dinner/small reception but I still want it to feel somewhat intimate. I found a pic of a spectacular beach dinner/reception at ROR, but it must have cost quite a bit, idk. But, I would love to be able to something similar, but on a more simple scale. Any ideas or information would be wonderful!

wedding.riu.beach reception.2.jpg

wedding.riu.beach reception.jpg

#325 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
          • 179 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

the tent, lighting, flowers and decor is done by Tai Flora, ask them for a quote. Things change constantly so I would email your coordinator Keisha Adams: (mice.ori@riu.com) and tell her your interested in the beach reception, tell her what you want and get a quote.  Then contact Tai Flora and show them this picture they will give you a quote for the tent and the decor:  www.taiflora.com.  They have a few weddings a day and all of them start at 6:30pm so the beach area is first come first serve. 

Originally Posted by tkpickard 

Newbie...ROR Bride for June 23, 2012...EEK!

I have been reading and searching all over this forum, but there doesn't seem to be much posted about the Private Beach Dinner/Reception they offer. Has anyone on here done it? Or know what is included in the $500 set up fee? Tables, chairs, linens? What kind of lighting? I love the idea of a beach dinner/small reception but I still want it to feel somewhat intimate. I found a pic of a spectacular beach dinner/reception at ROR, but it must have cost quite a bit, idk. But, I would love to be able to something similar, but on a more simple scale. Any ideas or information would be wonderful!

wedding.riu.beach reception.2.jpg

wedding.riu.beach reception.jpg

#326 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hey Ladies,

We are putting together our webinar schedule for BDW.  These webinars are great because not only can you get YOUR questions answered but also hear answers to questions from other brides that you may not have even though of :)

Webinars are a great way to not only hear directly from the wedding department but see the wedding packages that they offer, ceremony/reception pics, etc.

I try to only limit the webinars to once every 2 weeks so we of course can not do all resorts.

Please vote on which resorts you would like to have webinars on...you can choose more than 1.

Vote for your Resort Webinar HERE

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#327 wontongir1

wontongir1
            • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

FYI - this is one of the best cake decorators in Jamaica.  You can see the different ones that she has done for people on her website:  http://selenacakes.com/blog/about/

I'm not sure of the prices, but you can always inquire.  I'm getting married May 5, 2012 at Riu Ocho Rios. 

#328 wontongir1

wontongir1
              • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

http://selenacakes.com/blog/about/

This is not the baker at the Riu, but one that is highly recommended.  She has photos of her cakes on her website.

Attached Files

#329 wontongir1

wontongir1
                • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

I will be there April 29-May6th and our wedding is on the 5th.  :)  I just got an email that said they canceled my wedding, so I'm trying to get Keisha to fix this.  I didn't cancel it.

#330 melissa1017

melissa1017
                  • 50 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

Anyone have their bachelor/bachelorette parties in Jamaica?  My fiance and I have moved away from home, and don't have too many friends here yet, and want our bridal party to be able to go. Contemplating whether to stay at the resort since the drinks are included, or to go somewhere else?  Just not sure where that somewhere else would be.  Anyone have any input?  Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users