Jump to content

Photo

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)


  • Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#211 LovestruckFilms

LovestruckFilms
  • Newbie
  • 30 posts

    Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

    Hi Brides! Have you considered a wedding film?  Here is one of our most recent destination weddings: 

    For more information, check out our website at:  www.lovestruckfilms.com



    #212 booschmit

    booschmit
    • Newbie
    • 43 posts

      Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

      Somewhere on a ROR thread someone had commented about bringing magnets to put on the air conditioner in the rooms to keep it running. Does anyone know anything about this? Does it work? Any help would be appreciated. I'm questioning whether it would be a good idea to get magnets before we leave in one week to put in our OOT bags. Any help from those who have been there would be appreciated. Also does anyone know if they have basic laundry services that we can either do ourselves or have done?cost? THanks to everyone who has helped me on this website! Brenda



      #213 bmadzia1

      bmadzia1
      • Jr. Member
      • 355 posts

        Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:02 AM

        I can only answer the laundry.... more steaming services.  there is none onsite. Keisha can arrange this for you with a local place for $75 .  Just ask her.

         

        Originally Posted by booschmit 

        Somewhere on a ROR thread someone had commented about bringing magnets to put on the air conditioner in the rooms to keep it running. Does anyone know anything about this? Does it work? Any help would be appreciated. I'm questioning whether it would be a good idea to get magnets before we leave in one week to put in our OOT bags. Any help from those who have been there would be appreciated. Also does anyone know if they have basic laundry services that we can either do ourselves or have done?cost? THanks to everyone who has helped me on this website! Brenda



         



        #214 hutchets

        hutchets
        • Jr. Member
        • 195 posts

          Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:13 AM

          I purchased small magnets for my guests but no one used them.  It was humid outside and most people were hardly in their rooms at all.  Laundry services are available but you I beileve it's a send out service.  Nothing to do your own with down there.
           

          Originally Posted by booschmit 

          Somewhere on a ROR thread someone had commented about bringing magnets to put on the air conditioner in the rooms to keep it running. Does anyone know anything about this? Does it work? Any help would be appreciated. I'm questioning whether it would be a good idea to get magnets before we leave in one week to put in our OOT bags. Any help from those who have been there would be appreciated. Also does anyone know if they have basic laundry services that we can either do ourselves or have done?cost? THanks to everyone who has helped me on this website! Brenda



           


          Theresa
          Riu Ocho Rios April 16, 2011

          http://tickers.Ticke....15e8/event.png

          #215 ashleyp13

          ashleyp13
          • Newbie
          • 7 posts

            Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:14 PM

            Hello everyone!

             

            I just booked my July 14th, 2012 wedding at ROR a few days ago...eeeek! I have been reading about the resort for a while on these forums, and it has been really helpful. Just thought I would say hello now that I am official :D



            #216 Soon2BNJersey

            Soon2BNJersey
            • Jr. Member
            • 179 posts

              Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:12 AM


              Welcome and Congrats!

               

              Everyone has different experiences, some good and bad.  Just enjoy your planning and keep every single email that you get from your planner.  I am sure your day will be just fine..

              Originally Posted by ashleyp13 

              Hello everyone!

               

              I just booked my July 14th, 2012 wedding at ROR a few days ago...eeeek! I have been reading about the resort for a while on these forums, and it has been really helpful. Just thought I would say hello now that I am official :D



               



              #217 Val2012

              Val2012
              • Newbie
              • 14 posts

                Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

                Hi everyone,

                 

                I'm new to this site, I will be getting married in ROR April 17th 2012! I just had a few questions. I am having a smaller wedding, should I go with the semi private dinner? Are the semi private dinners usually fairly private? Will I need to buy decorations for the room or bring my own or are any provided? I am going with the free wedding as my wedding will only have 15-20 people attending.

                 

                Another questions is how much am I looking at for a photographer? I see that a lot of you guys are saying they are super expensive but what is the general price for this? I am very new to this. What is the prices of the hotel photographer?

                 

                any information will be useful to me, no one seems to be responding much at the hotel.

                 



                #218 Val2012

                Val2012
                • Newbie
                • 14 posts

                  Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

                  Soon2BNJersy thanks for the inbox message it was very helpful, for some reason it won't let me send you one back, it keeps saying I have reached my 2 message limit for today but I have not sent anything out ever?

                   

                  I was just on the riu wedding website and under where the free wedding is it says that the price does not include the minister/judge fee nor does it include the marriage certificate, does that mean I would just need to pay that separatly or does it mean that this isn't a legal ceremony and more of a symbolic? If I am looking to do this legally do I need to start at the Classic package?

                   

                   



                  #219 bmadzia1

                  bmadzia1
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 355 posts

                    Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:08 AM

                    IT just means you have to pay for it. I belive it's US $350-$400. 

                     

                    Originally Posted by Val2012 

                    Soon2BNJersy thanks for the inbox message it was very helpful, for some reason it won't let me send you one back, it keeps saying I have reached my 2 message limit for today but I have not sent anything out ever?

                     

                    I was just on the riu wedding website and under where the free wedding is it says that the price does not include the minister/judge fee nor does it include the marriage certificate, does that mean I would just need to pay that separatly or does it mean that this isn't a legal ceremony and more of a symbolic? If I am looking to do this legally do I need to start at the Classic package?

                     

                     



                     



                    #220 Val2012

                    Val2012
                    • Newbie
                    • 14 posts

                      Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

                      ok good!  Thanks






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users