Jump to content
Misti

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

Recommended Posts

we booked room 1161 we originally booked an oceanfront junior suite and asked for an upgrade which they did for us FREE. So we upgraded to a Suite It had a sitting area that stepped down from the bed.  a Jacuzzi next to the bed, a large bathroom, walk in shower, a huge balcony and much more. here are the pics and view from my room which was right above the beach gazebo. BONUS!  If you plan to have a lot of traffic this room has the most space.  We didn't get the jacuzzi suite because we stayed in the pool or beach and we only used out jacuzzi in our room 2x.  This room is the same size room without the outdoor jacuzzi.  so worth it!! 

 

DSCN2149.JPG

 

DSCN2301.JPG

 

DSCN2392.JPG

 

DSCN2399.JPG

 

DSCN2316.JPG

 

DSCN2391.JPG

 

 

AND HERE IS THE JUNIOR SUITE:

ror junior suite.jpg

 

HERE IS THE STANDARD ROOM

standard room.jpg

 

AND FINALLY THE JACUZZI SUITE:

P1000492.jpgP1000496.jpg

 

also Try Trip Advisor they have loads of pics:  http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147312-d578213-Reviews-ClubHotel_Riu_Ocho_Rios-Ocho_Rios_Jamaica.html

Originally Posted by kimberyly View Post

TO ALL ROR BRIDES OF THE PAST:  What kind of room did you get? Does anyone have any pictures?

 

I'm having so much trouble finding pics of the rooms that really show them. I booked an oceanfront junior suite, but I just saw a pic today from someone that went there in 2007 and it looks exactly like the normal room at the Riu I stayed at in Mexico! Also, ALL of my guests are booking the same room type as us and my sister of course has to book the best room possible, the Oceanfront Jacuzzi Suite. Dare I spend extra to get the Jacuzzi Suite instead?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Ericka! You just asked for an upgrade? Which wedding package did you have? I was planning on the "free" wedding package, but some of the other packages say they come with an upgrade.

 

Thanks for the pics and link!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We selected the free wedding package ($350US) with the beach gazebo ceremony (3:00pm) and semi private dinner at mamee bay at 6:30.  We did the private disco rental from 8:30-10:30 with the last half hour free.  ($600 includes DJ and open bar).  When we saw how small the room was with all of the wedding traffic we told them that we expected a larger room than the junior suite that we brought 32 people is there anything they can do.  They agreed to do a free upgrade.  My mom, maid of honor, and friend also got free upgrades from standard rooms to junior suites.  Try your luck. I didn't have an upgrade with my wedding package.  I didn't get the caprice package because I got my nails, pedicure and hair done before I got there.  I was able to style it and do my own makeup. I didn't care much about a free t-shirt.  the free package was the way to go for me. 

Originally Posted by kimberyly View Post

Thanks Ericka! You just asked for an upgrade? Which wedding package did you have? I was planning on the "free" wedding package, but some of the other packages say they come with an upgrade.

 

Thanks for the pics and link!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies... so I have been married now for 12 days!!! Yey.  I will post my review and some pics later this week (probably friday when I'm off work).  Just like Erica (Soon2BNJersey) said - there is no point of sweating the little stuff. Do bring your emails as keisha does tend to put in prices I've never heard of, but honours the prices she gave you by email.

 

Review to come no later than Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies

 

I am having a small wedding ~12 people including us.  we are trying to decide what do after the reception.  Does anyone have a list of the activities that the resort puts on.  Like Saturday bonfire/show etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ericka,

They have the beach party/bonfire on Sat. nights.  My wedding was on Saturday at 4pm so after our semi-private reception at Mammee, everyone just hung around that area as that is where the beach party is located.  It turned out to be a fun night for everyone and it was free!
 

Originally Posted by ericka417 View Post

Hi Ladies

 

I am having a small wedding ~12 people including us.  we are trying to decide what do after the reception.  Does anyone have a list of the activities that the resort puts on.  Like Saturday bonfire/show etc



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hutchets,

 

I've been dying to know more information about this beach party! My wedding at at 5 pm on a Saturday. I was considering paying for the private beach party just to be sure I get to do my first dance with my fiance and father/daughter dance. It's $300/hr for a DJ and $10 pp for the bartender though.

 

How was the beach party? I wonder if I could have them play 2 songs for me.
 

Originally Posted by hutchets View Post

Ericka,

They have the beach party/bonfire on Sat. nights.  My wedding was on Saturday at 4pm so after our semi-private reception at Mammee, everyone just hung around that area as that is where the beach party is located.  It turned out to be a fun night for everyone and it was free! 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idea:  After your ceremony and after the pictures, the outdoor sound system is still set up, maybe they will allow you do to a first dance and a dance with your father in the beach gazebo.  your guests are already there and it would only be a little extra time added on.  I saw a couple have dinner at the gazebo at night with candles and lighting.  just the two of them...so it doesn't hurt to ask Keisha, just a thought. 

 

As for me, the cost of the DJ is why i got the disco. $600 for 2 hours including DJ, open bar, and private area. 
 

Originally Posted by kimberyly View Post

Hutchets,

 

I've been dying to know more information about this beach party! My wedding at at 5 pm on a Saturday. I was considering paying for the private beach party just to be sure I get to do my first dance with my fiance and father/daughter dance. It's $300/hr for a DJ and $10 pp for the bartender though.

 

How was the beach party? I wonder if I could have them play 2 songs for me. 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I agree with her.  I think you'd be better off doing something after the wedding rather than at the beach party.

Originally Posted by Soon2BNJersey View Post

Idea:  After your ceremony and after the pictures, the outdoor sound system is still set up, maybe they will allow you do to a first dance and a dance with your father in the beach gazebo.  your guests are already there and it would only be a little extra time added on.  I saw a couple have dinner at the gazebo at night with candles and lighting.  just the two of them...so it doesn't hurt to ask Keisha, just a thought. 

 

As for me, the cost of the DJ is why i got the disco. $600 for 2 hours including DJ, open bar, and private area.  

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×