Sign in to follow this  
tross84

Not crazy about cake...

and my FI (first time I'm using this abbreviation-woot.gif) doesn't like cheesecake, which is the only "cake" that I like.  Has anyone else done something other than cake?

My FI doesn't like cake either. Both our favorite dessert is nanaimo bars so we are having a 3 tired nanaimo bar "cake" made. You can pretty much get anything made nowdays and its becoming much more popular. My baker showed me a cinnamon bun cake that was really cool too.

YUMMMM!!! love.gif

Originally Posted by JPenny View Post

My FI doesn't like cake either. Both our favorite dessert is nanaimo bars so we are having a 3 tired nanaimo bar "cake" made. You can pretty much get anything made nowdays and its becoming much more popular. My baker showed me a cinnamon bun cake that was really cool too.

oohh...there are so many fun options you could have! Candy bars are really popular, or I have seen pictures of the "milk and cookies" and they looked fabulous! Another fun idea would be an old-school ice-cream sunday bar with all the fixins for guests to pick their favorite toppings!

Good luck!

I'd really prefer not to have a wedding cake, mostly because of the expense and not sure that guests will eat most of it. Our 5-course dinner reception will already include various desserts. But my fiance really wants a cake (he loves cake), so we will have one :-)

Oooh I love the idea of the Nanaimo bars too! I love Nanaimo bars!

Originally Posted by JPenny View Post