Jump to content

Photo

April 2012 Bride


  • Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#281 acireta

acireta
  • Site Supporter
  • 750 posts

    Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

    I'm basically ignoring every RSVP that hasn't booked, until I hear from them or our TA that they are booked, paid, confirmed, etc. I think a gently worded evite reminder wouldn't be out of line, depending on how you word it.

     

    I actually had a couple book last week (after they got their bonuses from work), and another couple is booking this week, so maybe it isn't that late? I wouldn't wait this long to plan a trip for myself, but I suppose some people aren't OCD like me :-)


    Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

    Planning Thread

    Wedding & AHR Pics


    #282 jana297

    jana297
    • Member
    • 646 posts

      Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

      Wow...we are both so close. It really is getting exciting!!

       

      Originally Posted by acireta 

      holy crap, three months from today I'll be getting married! And my shower is in less than two weeks!

       

      I went through the wedding stash in my closet this weekend and took inventory to figure out where I am and what I'm missing. I'm starting to get a better idea of a guest count, so maybe I actually start putting together OOT bags soon!

       

      I also ordered my undergarments and dinner/AHR shoes this weekend - can't wait to get them! These are the shoes - Maribelle peep toes from Davids:

       

      reception shoes.JPG



       


      Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
      April 6, 2012

      #283 acireta

      acireta
      • Site Supporter
      • 750 posts

        Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:28 AM


        The nerves are actually starting to get to me! I'm having trouble falling asleep at night, not trouble sleeping, just falling asleep. Can't turn my brain off and so much to think about! But it's fun stuff :-)
         

        Originally Posted by jana297 

        Wow...we are both so close. It really is getting exciting!!

         



         



         


        Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

        Planning Thread

        Wedding & AHR Pics


        #284 J-me

        J-me
        • Jr. Member
        • 398 posts

          Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

          I sent my invites out in September too, but made the deadline for RSVPs February 6th at the suggestion of my TA - I have received a TON of 'yes's' back, but only a few have booked, so dealing with the same issue. I TOO am surprised more ppl haven't booked, but several just started booking this week (I guess just waiting after Christmas, New Year's, or perhaps til the last minute of my RSVP date?)...


          I was going to send out a gentle email reminder, but an Evite would work just as great (and I like your wording).

           

          Soooo frustrating when you're just trying to get a head count, I know....good luck though!!

           

          Originally Posted by loreli79 

          Hello to all my fellow April 2012 brides! I am seeking advice here. How many of you have guests who returned a confirmed RSVP, but as of today, still have yet to book ANYTHING? We sent out our wedding invitations in September for our April wedding. Made the RSVP November 1. Wanted to give everyone more than enough time. 

          Some of the people who RSVP'd that they were coming haven't booked anything yet and we really need an accurate headcount for obvious reasons.

          So I was going to send out an "Evite" reminder to those who have yet to book. It will say that if they don't book by Feb. 28th we will consider them "toasting from afar."

          Do you think that's ok? 

          I wanted to hear from anyone else who's in a similar situation. Also, isn't it safe to say that if you haven't booked yet for a trip to Mexico in April, you probably aren't going??!

          I mean, come on, right?

           



           



          #285 swojdyla

          swojdyla
          • Jr. Member
          • 184 posts

            Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

            Thanks so much girls! Katie please let me know what you think of the suits. They sound great! Best of luck!

            #286 Maritza919

            Maritza919
            • Jr. Member
            • 421 posts

              Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:02 PM



              Originally Posted by J-me 

              I sent my invites out in September too, but made the deadline for RSVPs February 6th at the suggestion of my TA - I have received a TON of 'yes's' back, but only a few have booked, so dealing with the same issue. I TOO am surprised more ppl haven't booked, but several just started booking this week (I guess just waiting after Christmas, New Year's, or perhaps til the last minute of my RSVP date?)...


              I was going to send out a gentle email reminder, but an Evite would work just as great (and I like your wording).

               

              Soooo frustrating when you're just trying to get a head count, I know....good luck though!!

               



               



               

              As our guest count is 88 I'm hoping that the few who have yet to book don't. We sent out STD's almost a year in advance with invitations out 9 months before. Most people have booked we actually just have one of our groomsmen book this week and our wedding is in three months. 

               

               

              We had  a certain date  we had to drop any rooms that we weren't using without being penalized. Maybe you can send them an email just letting them know that rooms are filling up and to book. I know it's frustrating because with a dw you have to plan so much ahead. 

               

              At the end of the day you can only hint so much. Also with the holidays just passing I'm sure everyone is trying to recuperate. Hopefully more people book good luck! 



              #287 capecodder

              capecodder
              • Jr. Member
              • 234 posts

                Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:54 AM

                I can't believe our wedding days are so close!!

                 

                I was in the same boat with the rest of you girls and no one was booking.  Everyone waited until the very last week to book their trips.  FI finally made me realize that as him and I are there, that's the only thing that matters.

                 

                Have any of you picked your wedding song yet?  I'm pretty sure we are going with God Blessed the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts.  Love that song but it makes me cry every time I hear it! Lol!!



                #288 Ali12

                Ali12
                • Jr. Member
                • 216 posts

                  Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

                  We had the same thing, no one was booking, then in the last week soo many have booked. We now have 65 booked!!! I'm just starting to look at songs, I have no ideas, stressing me out a little.
                  Sandos Playacar Beach Resort - April 18th 2012

                  #289 Jessica4LUXE

                  Jessica4LUXE
                  • Vendor
                  • 183 posts

                    Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:34 AM

                    From our experience, it is typical of human nature to book at the very last minute! It can be very stressful for a bride to not have many people booked right up until the deadline date. I wish that guests would book sooner rather than later to save this stress :)



                    #290 geishagyrl

                    geishagyrl
                    • Newbie
                    • 65 posts

                      Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

                      I sent out my invites in September as well and set a RSVP date of December 1st. I sent a mass email mid December and many of them booked soon after. I'm giving everyone the middle of February and if they don't book, oh well.
                       

                      Originally Posted by loreli79 

                      Hello to all my fellow April 2012 brides! I am seeking advice here. How many of you have guests who returned a confirmed RSVP, but as of today, still have yet to book ANYTHING? We sent out our wedding invitations in September for our April wedding. Made the RSVP November 1. Wanted to give everyone more than enough time. 

                      Some of the people who RSVP'd that they were coming haven't booked anything yet and we really need an accurate headcount for obvious reasons.

                      So I was going to send out an "Evite" reminder to those who have yet to book. It will say that if they don't book by Feb. 28th we will consider them "toasting from afar."

                      Do you think that's ok? 

                      I wanted to hear from anyone else who's in a similar situation. Also, isn't it safe to say that if you haven't booked yet for a trip to Mexico in April, you probably aren't going??!

                      I mean, come on, right?

                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users