std back.jpg

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#142 missmeliss

missmeliss
    • 172 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

Save the dates look fabulous! I wish I had time to get those out. its a bit pointless now we planned a destination wedding kind of last minute about 7 months before the wedding lol!

November 26th 2011 - Gran Bahai Principe Jamacia
      Booked: 31 Adults + 5 children + Bride and Groom!!!

#143 J-me

J-me
      • 398 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

Love love LOVE these!!! I think you should send them just the way they are - it's a charming postcard, and an envelope might detract from it (may make it look more formal than it should too). Plus, if you're concerned with postage marks, you can always get Zazzle stamps - they'll do them with your monogram, beachy themes, etc. &, the post office won't mark these. Anyway, just my opinion - but great job!! I'm starting to wish I did a postcard!

Originally Posted by IliaPSU 

STD-Front.JPG

STD-Back.JPG

Here are my proofs!  I was just going to send the postcards without an envelope, do you think that would be a problem?

#144 Jamaica2012

Jamaica2012
        • 176 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:35 PM

Hi, can you help me figure out how to bookmark? I'm still learning

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

Congratulations!! I too am getting married in April 2012! This site is very helpful. There is so much information on here it is sometimes info-overload but I can't stop! Addicted! Just make sure if you find something you like to bookmark the page because its very easy to lose with all the great threads on here!

My FI & I are getting married at Excellence Playa Mujeres in Mexico. They have most of their wedding pricingpackages on their site. We have been to this resort twice & absolutely love it. I would definitely recommend it!  Happy Planning!!

4.27.2012 @ Iberostar Rose Hall Beach ~ Montego Bay

#145 Jamaica2012

Jamaica2012
          • 176 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

Hi ladies! So I REALLY want to be an April 2012 bride but haven't confirmed anywhere yet (mostly because the resort hasn't gotten back to us)! I'm getting really anxious that I don't have a date or resort picked. I was originally really concerned with the cost for the guests but I feel like there isn't a ton I can do about that right now. So where I'm at right now is finding the resort that I like and booking a wedding date with them.  We have a TA but its my FI mother and I believe she's a little newer to it.  What are the next steps after confirming with the resort your wedding date? I'm working on the STD to send out as soon as we have the date. Oh and I'm also working on our website but I feel like there is just soooo much to do!!! 

Questions:

1. Am I supposed to book a bunch of rooms at the resort for my guests? (How can I do this if I don't know who all will actually go?)

2. Do guests typically book with my travel agent or do they find their own rates?

3.  Should I be really concerned about the airfare that comes out for April 2012 right now for Jamaica or will it go down in a few months?

Thanks in advance to any helpful suggestions etc!

Happy planning!

~Jenni

4.27.2012 @ Iberostar Rose Hall Beach ~ Montego Bay

#146 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
            • 270 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:12 PM

OK so we are officially booked. wooooohoooo!  Our wedding date is April 20, 2012 at Paradisus Punta Cana.  We will be having the reception on La Barcaza (the wedding boat) that evening.

SO excited! let the DIY begin!

Holly

#147 J-me

J-me
              • 398 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:39 PM

Congratulations!!! And your date is the day before mine :)

My friend just got back from her honeymoon @ the Paradisus PC and RAVED about it!

Originally Posted by hatfiehm 

OK so we are officially booked. wooooohoooo!  Our wedding date is April 20, 2012 at Paradisus Punta Cana.  We will be having the reception on La Barcaza (the wedding boat) that evening.

SO excited! let the DIY begin!

#148 Sharon99

Sharon99
                • 1,301 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

I have been just saving the url links to a text file. Only because I had SO many!!

You can do a bookmark in your web browser by clicking add to favorites(I think thats what it says) I am on a Mac now & can't remember.

Originally Posted by Jamaica2012 

Hi, can you help me figure out how to bookmark? I'm still learning

#149 IliaPSU

IliaPSU
                  • 67 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

I just bit the bullet and decided on April 13th, 2012.  Superstitions be damned!  I've been working on my website all week, it is a lot more work than I thought it would be!  My fiance is a web developer so we are building one from scratch.  One feature I decided to add is a 'Random Fun Fact' about the couple on the homepage, so that each time you visit there will be a new piece of trivia.  Do you think that sounds weird?  Next up, I need to find a photographer!  Have you all decided who you are using? I'm deciding between La Luna and Nate (Broshot).

Excellence Playa Mujeres - 4.13.12

#150 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                    • 1,252 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

i just finished our website too...and i agree its alot of work...more so since your doing it from start to finish, i think the trivia thing is great!!!!!

thats what were doing at our welcome dinner..kinda like a who knows what thing lol so my opinion is I LOVE IT!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users