Sign in to follow this  
Ali12

April 2012 Bride

Save the dates look fabulous! I wish I had time to get those out. its a bit pointless now we planned a destination wedding kind of last minute about 7 months before the wedding lol!

Love love LOVE these!!! I think you should send them just the way they are - it's a charming postcard, and an envelope might detract from it (may make it look more formal than it should too). Plus, if you're concerned with postage marks, you can always get Zazzle stamps - they'll do them with your monogram, beachy themes, etc. &, the post office won't mark these. Anyway, just my opinion - but great job!! I'm starting to wish I did a postcard!

Originally Posted by IliaPSU View Post

STD-Front.JPG

STD-Back.JPG

Here are my proofs!  I was just going to send the postcards without an envelope, do you think that would be a problem?

Hi, can you help me figure out how to bookmark? I'm still learning

Originally Posted by Sharon99 View Post

Congratulations!! I too am getting married in April 2012! This site is very helpful. There is so much information on here it is sometimes info-overload but I can't stop! Addicted! Just make sure if you find something you like to bookmark the page because its very easy to lose with all the great threads on here!

My FI & I are getting married at Excellence Playa Mujeres in Mexico. They have most of their wedding pricingpackages on their site. We have been to this resort twice & absolutely love it. I would definitely recommend it!  Happy Planning!!

Hi ladies! So I REALLY want to be an April 2012 bride but haven't confirmed anywhere yet (mostly because the resort hasn't gotten back to us)! I'm getting really anxious that I don't have a date or resort picked. I was originally really concerned with the cost for the guests but I feel like there isn't a ton I can do about that right now. So where I'm at right now is finding the resort that I like and booking a wedding date with them.  We have a TA but its my FI mother and I believe she's a little newer to it.  What are the next steps after confirming with the resort your wedding date? I'm working on the STD to send out as soon as we have the date. Oh and I'm also working on our website but I feel like there is just soooo much to do!!! 

Questions:

1. Am I supposed to book a bunch of rooms at the resort for my guests? (How can I do this if I don't know who all will actually go?)

2. Do guests typically book with my travel agent or do they find their own rates?

3.  Should I be really concerned about the airfare that comes out for April 2012 right now for Jamaica or will it go down in a few months?

Thanks in advance to any helpful suggestions etc!

Happy planning!

~Jenni

OK so we are officially booked. wooooohoooo!  Our wedding date is April 20, 2012 at Paradisus Punta Cana.  We will be having the reception on La Barcaza (the wedding boat) that evening.

SO excited! let the DIY begin!

Congratulations!!! And your date is the day before mine :)

My friend just got back from her honeymoon @ the Paradisus PC and RAVED about it!

Originally Posted by hatfiehm View Post

OK so we are officially booked. wooooohoooo!  Our wedding date is April 20, 2012 at Paradisus Punta Cana.  We will be having the reception on La Barcaza (the wedding boat) that evening.

SO excited! let the DIY begin!

I have been just saving the url links to a text file. Only because I had SO many!!

You can do a bookmark in your web browser by clicking add to favorites(I think thats what it says) I am on a Mac now & can't remember.

Originally Posted by Jamaica2012 View Post

Hi, can you help me figure out how to bookmark? I'm still learning

I just bit the bullet and decided on April 13th, 2012.  Superstitions be damned!  I've been working on my website all week, it is a lot more work than I thought it would be!  My fiance is a web developer so we are building one from scratch.  One feature I decided to add is a 'Random Fun Fact' about the couple on the homepage, so that each time you visit there will be a new piece of trivia.  Do you think that sounds weird?  Next up, I need to find a photographer!  Have you all decided who you are using? I'm deciding between La Luna and Nate (Broshot).

i just finished our website too...and i agree its alot of work...more so since your doing it from start to finish, i think the trivia thing is great!!!!!

thats what were doing at our welcome dinner..kinda like a who knows what thing lol so my opinion is I LOVE IT!

Congrats on picking your date!!! My website took forevvvverrrrr I feel like to get it the way we wanted and adequate travel info uploaded (and that's using a template), but I'm sure yours will look great - I like the trivia - sounds uniquely fun!

I did a LOT of research on photographers - Ivan Luckie and La Luna were among the top picks, but we ended up going with Juan Jose from Del Sol! Good luck with whoever you choose!

Originally Posted by IliaPSU View Post

I just bit the bullet and decided on April 13th, 2012.  Superstitions be damned!  I've been working on my website all week, it is a lot more work than I thought it would be!  My fiance is a web developer so we are building one from scratch.  One feature I decided to add is a 'Random Fun Fact' about the couple on the homepage, so that each time you visit there will be a new piece of trivia.  Do you think that sounds weird?  Next up, I need to find a photographer!  Have you all decided who you are using? I'm deciding between La Luna and Nate (Broshot).