Photo

Pictures of different areas at Moon Palace Hotel

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#141 leenancy

leenancy
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

Great thread! Thanks for all the pictures ladies!

I'm hoping to book the Tucan Beach for my ceremony and the Tucan Terrace for the reception. Can anyone suggest where to have the cocktail hour? The closer to the Tucan area, the better. It seems sort of silly to have my guests walk far from the ceremony site for the cocktail hour, just to walk all the way back to the reception.

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
    2 Guests booked through other services

#142 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
    • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

I have booked the Tucan Gazebo followed by the Venando Terrace for the cocktail hour and then the Caribbean Terrace for the Reception.  Guest can take the lobby to lobby shuttle so they don't have to walk from one side to the other and will also give the guest a view of other parts of the resorts.

#143 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
      • Site Supporter
      • 261 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:34 PM

I'm hoping to book the Tucan Beach for my ceremony and the Tucan Terrace for the reception. Can anyone suggest where to have the cocktail hour? The closer to the Tucan area, the better. It seems sort of silly to have my guests walk far from the ceremony site for the cocktail hour, just to walk all the way back to the reception.

If it's not booked for a wedding, they may allow you to have your cocktail hour at the Tucan Gazebo. Or, the Tucan garden is in that same area too. Either of those would work.

#144 kyndall

kyndall
        • 151 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

I had my cocktail hour at the tucan garden and didn't book that until i got there.  its just the grassy area directly next to the tucan terrace.  i doubt they would book it for anything else so you should def check to see if its available.

Originally Posted by leenancy 

#145 leenancy

leenancy
          • 212 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:14 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! Does anyone know where the Capilla beach area (not the chapel) is?

Coconoir1908, where is the Venando Terrace? The map on the website makes it look like it's at the end of Sunrise (away from all the other buildings), but others are saying it's by Tucan Terrace over between Nizuc and Grand. I'm so confused...

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
            2 Guests booked through other services

#146 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
            • 385 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

Does anyone have photos of both Tucan Beach and Capilla Beach up the aisle? 

I don't want to look at the ceremony set-up, but I'm curious as to where the bride would "ride in on the carriage" and walk down?  I know one of the beach areas has a set of stairs ... is that Capilla?

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#147 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
              • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

leenancy,

Venando (per my Moon Palace on site contact) is between both the Tucan Gazebo and Caribbean Terrace.  "it helps everyone locate the carribean terrace because they are able to see it from the Venando Terrace" So, it is leading them on their way.

Thanks for the suggestions! Does anyone know where the Capilla beach area (not the chapel) is?

Coconoir1908, where is the Venando Terrace? The map on the website makes it look like it's at the end of Sunrise (away from all the other buildings), but others are saying it's by Tucan Terrace over between Nizuc and Grand. I'm so confused...

#148 YWS2012

YWS2012
                • 393 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:49 AM

This was a great thread to start.. So now I know what the Tucan Terrace looks like. This is where were having our Cocktail hour at.  Our wedding well take place on the Caribbean Beach which is close to the Tucan Terrace

I have booked the Tucan Gazebo followed by the Venando Terrace for the cocktail hour and then the Caribbean Terrace for the Reception.  Guest can take the lobby to lobby shuttle so they don't have to walk from one side to the other and will also give the guest a view of other parts of the resorts.

#149 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 261 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

leenancy,

The map is labeled incorrectly.  The Venado Terrace is actually where number (30) is on the resort map.  Right in front of the Venado (deer)building of rooms.  Its located ocean front, right in between where the Nizuc and Grand sections meet.  And very close to the Grand Lobby. 

#150 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 261 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

Does anyone have photos of both Tucan Beach and Capilla Beach up the aisle? 

I don't want to look at the ceremony set-up, but I'm curious as to where the bride would "ride in on the carriage" and walk down?  I know one of the beach areas has a set of stairs ... is that Capilla?

I do not know where Capilla beach is.  But this is a photo I took of Tucan Beach.  There are steps going down from the upper grassy area of the resort to the beach. 

Tucan Beach (2).JPG

Tucan Beach Wedding Setup.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users