Photo

Iberostar Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Copita

Copita
  • 979 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:29 AM

I will be married at the Iberostar Punta Cana on 7/5/08.
    Was just wondering if there were any other Iberostar brides on here.
    I just came back from a trip from there and it really is lovely. I stayed there and also have stayed at a few other Iberostars and they never fail to amaze me with their customer service. Love it!

Yay!

#2 robindepaula

robindepaula
    • Banned
    • 514 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:05 PM

Congrats . . . seems like an awesome venue!!!

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:49 AM

Not an Iberostar bride, but I am a Punta Cana (Paradisus) bride.

Have you been to any other resorts in Punta Cana? We have never been..

PS -- I'm from Washington DC originally. Born and raised!

Welcome to the forum!!!

#4 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
        • 444 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:13 PM

Congrats! I was looking into the DR but now I'm thinking Mexico...but I will probably change my mind 100 more times before I actually stick to one place. I have been to the Sunscape in the DR and it was great! The service was great and we had an excellent time.

Do either of you know if the ceremony has to be in Spanish in the DR? That's why I started looking into Mexico...but hopefully that's just a rumor or something!

#5 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:12 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Cassondra2009
            Do either of you know if the ceremony has to be in Spanish in the DR? That's why I started looking into Mexico...but hopefully that's just a rumor or something!
            If it's a legal ceremony, it is in Spanish with an English translator (usually the WC). But if it's a Symbolic ceremony, you can do whatever you want. They will provide a non-denominational minister, which we will use and then have the WC or a family member do the translation, to make it more authentic ... and have a family member read the Hand Ceremony in English.

#6 Copita

Copita
            • 979 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:16 AM

You can have a translator there so it will be in English. :)
              Punta Cana is GORGEOUS. THe ocean is ridiculously blue.

#7 dragonfly

dragonfly
              • 1,820 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:29 PM

Hi welcome I just got married in Punta Cana, our ceremony was beautiful. Have any questions feel free to ask.

Kelly~

#8 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
                • 444 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:47 PM

Originally I thought I would be okay with the ceremony in Spanish with an English translation...but then I went to my friends wedding a couple of weeks ago and was thinking that it could take away from the moment. For those of you who did have a Spanish ceremony, what are your thoughts?

And just to clarify: If the ceremony is just a symbolic ceremony, can the whole thing can be in English?

#9 foxytv

foxytv
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Cassondra2009
                    Originally I thought I would be okay with the ceremony in Spanish with an English translation...but then I went to my friends wedding a couple of weeks ago and was thinking that it could take away from the moment. For those of you who did have a Spanish ceremony, what are your thoughts?

And just to clarify: If the ceremony is just a symbolic ceremony, can the whole thing can be in English?
                    Yes, if it's Symbolic, you can do whatever you want. Depending on the resort, you may still have to pay for the non-denominaional minister as part of the Symbolic wedding price, but you don't have to use him.

However, I know many of the ladies on here have had the Spanish translation and thought it was a wonderful touch.

I'm doing the beginning and end in Spanish w/ a translation and then having family members read our Hand Ceremony, etc. We still want some Spanish to have it appear more authentic since we're not telling everyone that we signed the legal papers in the US before we left.

#10 DarrenB

DarrenB
                    • 10 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:12 PM

We've narrowed it down to the Iberostar Punta Cana or Iberostar bavaro or one of the sunscapes.... really leaning towards IB PC and wondering if anyone thinks the extra cost of the bavaro is truly worth it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users