Photo

Creating a photo share website for guests

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 lindsayandtom

lindsayandtom
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:58 PM

I use shutterfly, snapfish, winkflash..whichever one is having the best deal at the time i need to get pictures printed...i've used them all and i like them all...winkflash has 5 cent per picture most of the time...and then i google a coupon code for free shipping...i still end up spending some money but not much and i get soo many pictures...i just decided to go with shutterfly...(not sure why) i feel like a lot of people know about it!

thanks for all the feedback

#12 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
    • 296 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:31 AM

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who posted in this thread-- you inspired me to do the same!  I just created my Snapfish photo share account and finished my FREE postcards on Vistaprint.  Yaaaaaaaaaay!

livepreview.jpg

back of postcard.png

June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

#13 jamieirene

jamieirene
      • 650 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

This is a great Idea... I am book marking this and planning this project for sure!  Thanks everyone!

#14 DramaticAnnie

DramaticAnnie
        • 281 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

another vistaprint project for me to do! Love that it's free :D thanks to all of you creative minds!!

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
          ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#15 TigerLily

TigerLily
          • 201 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:38 PM

So glad I came across this...I was trying to figure out how to word mine...thanks everyone!

#16 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

Great thread!  Now to just decide between snapfish and shutterfly!

#17 tracysf

tracysf
            • 61 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

Shutterfly is defnitely better, but I might be biased because I work there :)    Honestly though, here are the advantages:

1) Your guests do not need to create an account to view your pictures (which makes it easier for guests).

2) Shutterfly has share sites specifically for weddings and you can store videos on share sites too (snapfish might have this too-- not sure)

3) Shutterfly is the leader in photo books---and trust me you will want to make photo books with all the pictures from your share site (that you took and guests took).  They are a great gift for mom/dad and bridal party!  Shutterfly has better quality books, more design options and are easier to make on Shutterfly.

4) Shutterfly offers 100% satisfaction guarantee-- this sounds like an total advertisement--but this is so important. If you aren't happy with the way any of your products turn out --you can get your money back or order somethign else, etc.

Okay- that is my $.02.    :) 

Happy picture taking!

#18 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

Thanks for the info!  I signed up to both just to try them out and I find shutterfly way easier to navigate and looks more professional!

Originally Posted by tracy.clements 

Shutterfly is defnitely better, but I might be biased because I work there :)    Honestly though, here are the advantages:

1) Your guests do not need to create an account to view your pictures (which makes it easier for guests).

2) Shutterfly has share sites specifically for weddings and you can store videos on share sites too (snapfish might have this too-- not sure)

3) Shutterfly is the leader in photo books---and trust me you will want to make photo books with all the pictures from your share site (that you took and guests took).  They are a great gift for mom/dad and bridal party!  Shutterfly has better quality books, more design options and are easier to make on Shutterfly.

4) Shutterfly offers 100% satisfaction guarantee-- this sounds like an total advertisement--but this is so important. If you aren't happy with the way any of your products turn out --you can get your money back or order somethign else, etc.

Okay- that is my $.02.    :) 

Happy picture taking!

#19 tracysf

tracysf
              • 61 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

Oh, and forgot the most important part. Shutterfly never deletes photos. Even if you never make a purchase, you can store your photos there forever.  Most sitse like Snapfish and Kodak will delete your pictures after a certain amount of time if you have not made a purchase.

#20 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
                • 610 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:42 AM

I've had my account at shutterfly since 2001! LOL  No complaints and all my crazy photos from high school and college are still there! Which means I've probably had it even before '01!  LOL  I was debating on creating a new account on another site, but I think Tracey convinced me to stay!  :)

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users