roxy1122

Post your SHORT wedding/reception dress!

Hmmm...in no particular order, I like 1, 4 and 5. 5 seems the most bridal to me, it's whimsical and light hearted and I really like the detail at the empire waist. Options 4 and 5 seem better suited for a party reception dress and make more of a statement. With exception to the dress being white, options 1 doesn't feel very bridal.  But if it reflects your personality and evokes the fun/party spirit of your reception, than I don't know if it matters. In a perfect world (at least in my head) I would love the top of 4 with the bottom of 1.

I'm starting to lean towards something like this. My worry is: how will it look barefoot???

Originally Posted by starrysim View Post

I'm considering a tea-length dress (to wear for the ceremony and the reception).  I'm so far from picking my gown at this point, but there are a few that I like, just for inspiration>

MS JD1406.jpg

Maggie Sottero - JD1406

MS SM Santorini.jpg

Sottero & Midgley - Santorini

I wore this jcrew dress (Macie, style #65118) at my legal ceremony. I wound up wearing flat sandals with it because I broke a toe and couldn't bear wearing heels. I loved having two different dresses, and my husband had two different shirts/ties for our two ceremonies (legal & beach).