Photo

May 2012 Mexico Bride

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 papertaco

papertaco
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

Hi everyone! I am JUST starting to look into things (as i've gotten the go ahead) and reading through this site I'm finding myself to be a bit overwhelmed! but excited! We were looking at the Barcelo Maya Palace, has anyone been there/had a wedding there? Also, how do you go about contacting a wedding planner, through a travel agency or directly through the resort? Any help is appreciated!

#2 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
    • 610 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:40 AM

Congrats!!!!!  I'm currently going through destinationweddings.com for my travel arrangements!  No complaints so far!  You should be able to contact the wedding coordinator directly if that's what you prefer to do.  Their website should have an email address.  Again, congrats and happy planning!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#3 papertaco

papertaco
      • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:44 AM

Thanks for the info!

#4 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

Congrats on your engagment!  We are using a travel agent but I contacted the resort wedding planning myself.  The travel agent said she could but I like to be able to do things myself!  I guess you could do it either way.  And don't worry the first little while is really overwhelming, but once you pick a destination and resort, then confirm a wedding date, everything else seems to just fall into place!

#5 lisa_mhb

lisa_mhb
        • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

Congratulations on your engagement.  It's my understanding that this site is run by travel agents as well and they've gotten rave reviews...wish I had known earlier in my planning process. 

#6 Michele4172011

Michele4172011
          • 194 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

I am going through destinationweddings.com. I've had a great time so far, our TA is very responsive.

#7 Maritza919

Maritza919
            • 421 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:24 AM

Congratulations! I went through a travel agent and lots of research on this website and all the travel sites. I plan on being a May 2012 bride as well. I'm going for my site visit in two weeks to check out some hotels. Fingers crossed hopefully it goes well :)

#8 sweetness

sweetness
              • 164 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:46 AM

welcome happy planning =)

#9 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
                • 1,213 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:33 AM

Welcome to the forum!  I strongly recommend contacting the TA's on this site for some great info. 

#10 Sharon99

Sharon99
                  • 1,301 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:35 AM

Congrats ladies! We just changed our date from April to May so I will be a May 2012 bride as well!

I am using the travel agents from this site also & they are awesome! I would recommend them in a second to anyone still looking.

The site can be a little over whelming but helped me so much. Some of the threads I had no idea I needed to do!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users