Photo

Legal Wedding is TOMORROW!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
  • 401 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:48 PM

We are trying to not make a big deal out of the "legal wedding"...we are just going to an officiants house, it's a quick signing ceremony where we do the legal stuff and that's it. I did not want to spend a bunch of money on the legal ceremony and this is specifically a package designed for couples who just want to do the legal stuff ahead of time (perfect for destination couples or people who are marrying from another country and want to speed up the sponsorship stuff)

Anyway, even though we are not making a big deal out of it, I am still feeling some butterflies! I guess that is normal...LOL. Our trip to Cuba is coming up...Leaving Feb.1!!!

Wish me luck tomorrow as I officially become a Mrs!

Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#2 Diva

Diva
    • 682 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

Good luck! We did the SAME thing 4 days ago on December 23!!!!! I was nervous, but when I arrived and saw how quick it goes, then the nerves quickly went away.  

We are spending the holidays in his hometown, so about 9 of his family members came down to the courthouse with us and then we all went to lunch. It was pretty uneventful, and I know it will feel real once our ceremony comes in March.

Congrats again!!!

#3 debbmach

debbmach
      • 1,457 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:16 PM

We did the same thing on Dec 23...we leave Jan 5 and I'm so excited that we did it this way. It was just us and it was perfect. No one will ever know :)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#4 islandbride8

islandbride8
        • 315 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:20 AM

Congrats everyone!

#5 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
          • 946 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:57 AM

Congrats!

We're doing the same thing but on NYE. Very simple ceremony, with just my brother and sis-in law who is also my MOH. I'm actually really excited about it, even though we're not really doing anything special!

#6 lisa203

lisa203
            • 681 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:41 AM

Good luck today!

#7 Diva

Diva
              • 682 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

@debmach: WE ARE WEDDING TWINS!!! Congrats :-) Basically the only people that will know is his family, and they are not coming to the DR in March (with the exception of his mom) so it will still be a surprise for everyone.  MY parents don't even know! No regrets though, its been a cool few days being married and I am still ultra excited for March!

#8 rpingree001

rpingree001
                • 264 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

Congrats!  That is so exciting!  We are doing ours 1 week from today and fly out to Mexico a few hours later!  Can't wait!

#9 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
                  • 401 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:36 PM

Well ladies, I am a married woman! It does not feel any different to be honest. I think that is because the big countdown to the Destination wedding in Cuba is on and that is what we are really geared up for. The legal ceremony literally lasted less than 10 minutes. It was no fuss, no muss. No kiss the bride, just a cool handshake between us. And best part is that it was only 99 bucks!! :)

Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#10 rpingree001

rpingree001
                    • 264 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

No kiss the bride even?  Wow!  I think I need to go into the "quickie" wedding business.  $99 is pretty great for 10 minutes worth of work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users