Jump to content

Photo

January 2012 Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
739 replies to this topic

#151 Avens

Avens
  • Member
  • 576 posts

    Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:43 AM

    This part- so true. I was really sad.  I wish I had $30,000 to spend on flowers! I was just greenhouse and garden shopping on the weekend, I wish I had $30,000 for that! :)
     

    Originally Posted by Lizzdee 



    The flower part is the only thing that depresses me I do huge weddings, where our brides spend anywhere from 10-30 thousand on flowers!! Crazy, I know. And the only thing I have every thought about when I think of walking down the aisle is what kind of flowers I would carry. So to not be able to have them, due to location blows, big time
     


    #152 JayKay

    JayKay
    • Sr. Member
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

    Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:41 AM


    I agree!!
     

    Originally Posted by Avens 

    This part- so true. I was really sad.  I wish I had $30,000 to spend on flowers! I was just greenhouse and garden shopping on the weekend, I wish I had $30,000 for that! :)
     



     



    #153 Manda123

    Manda123
    • Jr. Member
    • 380 posts

      Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:59 PM

      Hi Ladies!

       

      Officially booked - January 5th at the Grand Palladium! Such a sigh of relief... I had that date on the STDs I sent out and on our wedding website.

       

      Have any of you booked photographers yet? I think this is the next thing to work on now!



      #154 kya101

      kya101
      • Member
      • 645 posts

        Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

        Congrats Manda123, booking is such a hugh relief and now all the fun stuff starts!!! I did book my photogragher about a month ago, but I think it depends on what you want too. If you want a good expensive one start looking or if you want to go through the resort if they offer it or even if you know someone from home that would like to bring with you. There's a lot to think about, I personally wasn't too concerned about pictures... I want a few good ones and pictures of the entire wedding and festivities, but really didn't want to spend very much. I was actually very fortunate that the photographer found me on this forum and he is reasonable priced and does good work. Hope this was helpful :) Have fun planning!!!!



        #155 HBStudios

        HBStudios
        • Newbie
        • 2 posts

          Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:27 PM

          Are there any 2012 Destination brides out there getting married in Kauai in January?? I will be there at that time on vacation and am a wedding photographer. We would love to do a destination wedding so we can start promoting ourselves as destination photographers. Please let us know if you are interested and we can do the photos for free as long as we can use them on our web page. Anyone else who is interested in destination photography please feel free to e-mail or call too as we will give great (super cheap) deals to other locations as well. Check us out:

           

          www.HandlebarStudios.com

           

          I am not soliciting but thought that someone could get a FREE wedding photographer! Let me know if you are interested!!!



          #156 JayKay

          JayKay
          • Sr. Member
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

          Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:54 PM


          We booked our photographer about a month ago.
           

          Originally Posted by Manda123 

          Hi Ladies!

           

          Officially booked - January 5th at the Grand Palladium! Such a sigh of relief... I had that date on the STDs I sent out and on our wedding website.

           

          Have any of you booked photographers yet? I think this is the next thing to work on now!



           



          #157 adevnturelovers

          adevnturelovers
          • Newbie
          • 120 posts

            Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:31 AM

            Hi so I've been on BDW for a while now and never saw this thread but happy i've found it. I'm getting married 1-14-2012 at Las Caletas in Puerto Vallarta. Well let me tell you guys a little about my wedding planning since I've been out of the loop. we got engaged oct. 19 2011 and right away I knew it was Mexico. By mid November I was booked at Las Caletas as I fell in Love with idea of the place. By Mid -december I found My TA on this website, Teresa Stauring who has been so great with everyone , very prompt and responsive with any information I asked.  I also purchased my dress in december which I thought was early but I went to a trunk show and was able to get my dream dress , meet the designer and even have him add something extra only to my dress to be uniquely mine!! By January I finished my wedding website, and sent out my save the dates. After January a complete standstill , and Boy did it feel good!!! By March I starting browsing at bridesmaids dresses though my bridesmaid thought I was crazy for doing early lol but my maid of honor said I had to right away. I have decided on one and will probably ask them to buy them by august/september . I just booked my photographer last week., which I also worked on since february-May lol deciding on the right one. Now i realize it is almost June and I Have not worked on any invites yet!! I originally was going to ask for a rsvp for october but I am shooting for hopefully having and rsvp by august 1st or even sept. 1st the latest!! I want to do passport invites , any suggested places that will do them for me? I am not big on DIY . I wish i had the time for it but do not :( Also My mom is planning a bridal shower for me sept 10th and will also send out invites around same time i send out my regular invites....is this too conflicting for ppl?  and knowing it's in sept i just realized I have to register soon !! double yikes. and in my personal life I have so many things going on home renovations galore, moving out, moving out....realtors. triple yikes!!! So much to do but I'm having a great time with everything but man do I wish I had that standstill time i had in january now...it felt sooo good. LOL ok ladies

            #158 bellajovie

            bellajovie
            • Newbie
            • 93 posts

              Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:49 AM

              Wow!  We're date buddies and we're using the same TA...good stuff!!
               

              Originally Posted by adevnturelovers 

              Hi so I've been on BDW for a while now and never saw this thread but happy i've found it. I'm getting married 1-14-2012 at Las Caletas in Puerto Vallarta.
              Well let me tell you guys a little about my wedding planning since I've been out of the loop. we got engaged oct. 19 2011 and right away I knew it was Mexico. By mid November I was booked at Las Caletas as I fell in Love with idea of the place. By Mid -december I found My TA on this website, Teresa Stauring who has been so great with everyone , very prompt and responsive with any information I asked.  I also purchased my dress in december which I thought was early but I went to a trunk show and was able to get my dream dress , meet the designer and even have him add something extra only to my dress to be uniquely mine!!
              By January I finished my wedding website, and sent out my save the dates.
              After January a complete standstill , and Boy did it feel good!!!
              By March I starting browsing at bridesmaids dresses though my bridesmaid thought I was crazy for doing early lol but my maid of honor said I had to right away. I have decided on one and will probably ask them to buy them by august/september .
              I just booked my photographer last week., which I also worked on since february-May lol deciding on the right one.
              Now i realize it is almost June and I Have not worked on any invites yet!! I originally was going to ask for a rsvp for october but I am shooting for hopefully having and rsvp by august 1st or even sept. 1st the latest!! I want to do passport invites , any suggested places that will do them for me? I am not big on DIY . I wish i had the time for it but do not
              Also My mom is planning a bridal shower for me sept 10th and will also send out invites around same time i send out my regular invites....is this too conflicting for ppl?  and knowing it's in sept i just realized I have to register soon !! double yikes. and in my personal life I have so many things going on home renovations galore, moving out, moving out....realtors. triple yikes!!!
              So much to do but I'm having a great time with everything but man do I wish I had that standstill time i had in january now...it felt sooo good. LOL
              ok ladies


               



              #159 kya101

              kya101
              • Member
              • 645 posts

                Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

                Yay Adventurelovers!!!! I am also a Las Caletas Bride in Jan. 2012!!! YAY!!! And wow you have been very busy, good job!!! I did passport invites and I LOVE them, I had Ana De Roux do mine and she's super amazing!!! I provided the link for her website below. I don't think September 1st is too early... thats when we asked for RSVPs back, of course there will probably be a few late bookers, but that's expected in our families. Oh yeah the BM dresses, no too early if you ask me. I already got all my BMs dresses a month ago and haven't even started looking for mine yet  Crazy I know, but my MOH lives on the other side of the country and we picked them out when she was up for a visit last month and they were on sale... couldn't say no!!!

                 

                Here is a link to Ana's website http://www.anaderoux.com/       jdkaghljkdjhaldjkrfhgj     

                 

                Happy planning!!!

                 

                Kya



                #160 kya101

                kya101
                • Member
                • 645 posts

                  Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

                  oops... sorry about the jiberish.. my son got a hold of the laptop!!! :)






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users