Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Avens

January 2012 Brides!

Recommended Posts

I just got my proofs for my flowers!! I love them! She does amazing work!

I wasn't really sure what I wanted but I knew they had to be colourful and had to play up the Red Hibiscus, which is a major theme in our weding.

She still has to mock up the Bouts (I want the Hibiscus, but she thought they would be too big and suggested Callalillies, but they look the same size to me)

 

IMG_0673.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O.M.G. I have falled in love with these flowers!!  Now I'm regretting getting flowers done here and really worried about what my bouquet will look like from the resort.

 

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 View Post

I just got my proofs for my flowers!! I love them! She does amazing work!

I wasn't really sure what I wanted but I knew they had to be colourful and had to play up the Red Hibiscus, which is a major theme in our weding.

She still has to mock up the Bouts (I want the Hibiscus, but she thought they would be too big and suggested Callalillies, but they look the same size to me)

 

IMG_0673.JPG



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you JayKay.

Real flowers are beautiful, and I'm sure your resort florist will do an amazing job.

 

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

O.M.G. I have falled in love with these flowers!!  Now I'm regretting getting flowers done here and really worried about what my bouquet will look like from the resort.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Amjohnson, 

 

I think you bouquet and theirs are perfect! Their's compliment yours, Your should be the one that stands out the most. However your idea to add a little red to theirs won't hurt either so either way should be good.

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

My bouquet is 10" wide and theirs are 6". I really like the orchids. I am thinking of just asking her to add a few more orchids. Yes their dresses are a red/burgundy. I want my bouquet  to stand out which is why I didn't want to add any red.
 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey Avens,

 

For me I'm just slighty afraid of possible snow. I'm flying out of NY and although it's been unseasonably warm so far for december I'm hoping, praying that myself or none of my guests get any snow during days of travel to Mexico! The last thing any of us need is a delay

Originally Posted by Avens View Post

Is anyone else beginning to think that maybe the beginning of January wasn't the best time to get married, I had company all last week and between that and all the other Christmas stuff - all of my hard work in October and November to get in shape and lose those last few pounds seems to have come undone!  It's not even Christmas yet!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats one of my fears as well.  We are flying out of Calgary.  So far there hasn't been too much snow and hasn't been to overly cold, but I'm worried about snow and delays on departure from Calgary.

 

Originally Posted by adevnturelovers View Post


Hey Avens,

 

For me I'm just slighty afraid of possible snow. I'm flying out of NY and although it's been unseasonably warm so far for december I'm hoping, praying that myself or none of my guests get any snow during days of travel to Mexico! The last thing any of us need is a delay



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same, we're flying out of Calgary and Winnipeg.

 

*Knock Wood*

 

That's so funny we all got our flowers from Bloom Bridal! I thought I was taking a chance, since there wasn't really info on them on the board.  January brides, you are my favourite.
 

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

Thats one of my fears as well.  We are flying out of Calgary.  So far there hasn't been too much snow and hasn't been to overly cold, but I'm worried about snow and delays on departure from Calgary.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What day do you fly out?? We fly out on the 9th

 

Originally Posted by Avens View Post

Same, we're flying out of Calgary and Winnipeg.

 

*Knock Wood*

 

That's so funny we all got our flowers from Bloom Bridal! I thought I was taking a chance, since there wasn't really info on them on the board.  January brides, you are my favourite.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kya!

I was just wondering how social ticket sales were coming for you?  Mine are so slow, almost next to nothing so I'm having a bit of a melt down.  If we don't end up selling a whack load more in a very short amount of time then I might as well cancel the social.  Everyone keeps telling me to relax and that most people will buy at the last minute but I feel like we should've at least sold 50 by now and we haven't.  If your's are going well do you have any suggestions on how I can push ticket sales along?

 

Originally Posted by kya101 View Post

I'm actually in the city this week for wedding stuff!!!! Tomorrow we are going to get our rings, paper for my DIY fan programs, folded business cards for DIY placecards, groom and groomsmen attire and whatever else fun stuff I think of or find msnwink.gif I am getting super excited the closer and closer we get to the day!!! Oh yeah and I'm picking up my OOT Bag stuff that I had my cousin pick up in th states!!! Let the wedding madness begin. I cannot wait to start putting OOT stuff together. We just finalized our DJ, Liquor/Beer Order and some prizes for our wedding social which is on New Years Eve. Everything is finally starting to come together and happen!!! YAY!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
    • I think you should approach the dentist. That would be the best idea as of now. 
  • Topics

×