Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#5011 dzaccaria

dzaccaria
  • Newbie
  • 148 posts

    Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

    This is a random questions, but I thought I remember reading this somewhere along the way.... Is there a dress code for guests during the wedding at Moon Palace? For some reason i thought i read that guys couldnt wear shorts...



    #5012 shan0487

    shan0487
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,393 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

    Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

    Amazing- thanks SummerDawn!!!!! :)

    Originally Posted by SummerDawn 

    I was able to book the dolphin swim and golf tee times ahead of time for everyone in my party.

     

    MARIA EUGENIA LIRA ALCOCER
    PALACE RESERVATIONS PLANNER
    CEDIS | KM.21 CARR. CANCUN-PUERTO MORELOS | CANCUN, QUINTANA ROO C.P.77500

    ( USA & CANADA 1877.797.25.23
    ( MEXICO 01 998 193.19.90 EXT 7708
    ( REST OF THE WORLD 52998-193.19.90 EXT 7708
    * mlira@palaceresorts.com

     

    She was able to search my guests and charge the activities to their individual rooms. The only thing you need to do is go to the bookings desk and get your slip from them to take with you to the activities such as the dolphin swim. It was much easier as I had to spend no time at the reservations desk!



    #5013 shan0487

    shan0487
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,393 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

    Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

    Another question for the recent brides: 

     

    I know Beatyea said that her wedding party was allowed to removed their bracelets for no charge.  

     

    Was this the same for everyone else?  

     

    I just asked my Miami person and she said the bride and groom can, but the wedding party would be charged $10 per person. 

     

    Was this something you asked beforehand, or did you just wait until you arrived at MP to ask your WC?

     

    Do they put the bracelets on tightly or is they anyway we can slip them off?

     

    Thank you ladies!!!!! :) 



    #5014 coconoir1908

    coconoir1908
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,136 posts

      Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

      Although none of our guest wore shorts as I asked for "beach chic attire" you can set a dress code if you like, however; there is no restriction that MP sets for your wedding. 

      Originally Posted by dzaccaria 

      This is a random questions, but I thought I remember reading this somewhere along the way.... Is there a dress code for guests during the wedding at Moon Palace? For some reason i thought i read that guys couldnt wear shorts...

       

      All of the women in my bridal party were able to remove their bracelet without a charge, as suggested before make sure they do not get mixed up as they are numbered to correspond to your room.  The guys however; forgot to take theirs off but they all had on long sleeve shirts.  The girls were not charged at all!  This was something that I asked for in advance but it is also something that Valeria told us in our meeting. 

      Originally Posted by shan0487 

      Another question for the recent brides: 

       

      I know Beatyea said that her wedding party was allowed to removed their bracelets for no charge.  

       

      Was this the same for everyone else?  

       

      I just asked my Miami person and she said the bride and groom can, but the wedding party would be charged $10 per person. 

       

      Was this something you asked beforehand, or did you just wait until you arrived at MP to ask your WC?

       

      Do they put the bracelets on tightly or is they anyway we can slip them off?

       

      Thank you ladies!!!!! :) 



      #5015 Sdamian1

      Sdamian1
      • Newbie
      • 132 posts

        Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

        I didn't even think about the bracelets for the wedding lol...however my coordinator mentioned it would be $10 for the bridal party to remove them. Whatever I asked her for I got so I am sure if you say you want them off free of charge they will have no problem with is as Coco did :) I was in such a frenzy I missed a lot!



        #5016 MrSRobinson1

        MrSRobinson1
        • Newbie
        • 17 posts

          Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:39 AM

          Quick question, is it true that the bride and groom are suppose to arrive three business days prior to their wedding date? I'm getting married on a Sunday and I was thinking about arriving the Thursday before which is only two business days. Do you think I would have a problem?

          #5017 shan0487

          shan0487
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,393 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
          • LocationSt Louis, MO

          Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:52 AM

          Ok thanks ladies! I told my Miami contact that a recent MP bride was not charged, so I will see what she says! Otherwise, I guess I will just wait until I know my onsite WC and confront her about it- I have 8 girls- I'm not about to pay $80 so they can all take their bracelets off- that's ridiculous!

          Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

          Although none of our guest wore shorts as I asked for "beach chic attire" you can set a dress code if you like, however; there is no restriction that MP sets for your wedding. 

           

          All of the women in my bridal party were able to remove their bracelet without a charge, as suggested before make sure they do not get mixed up as they are numbered to correspond to your room.  The guys however; forgot to take theirs off but they all had on long sleeve shirts.  The girls were not charged at all!  This was something that I asked for in advance but it is also something that Valeria told us in our meeting. 

           

          Originally Posted by Sdamian1 

          I didn't even think about the bracelets for the wedding lol...however my coordinator mentioned it would be $10 for the bridal party to remove them. Whatever I asked her for I got so I am sure if you say you want them off free of charge they will have no problem with is as Coco did :) I was in such a frenzy I missed a lot!



          #5018 mrsjdh2b

          mrsjdh2b
          • Site Supporter
          • 201 posts

            Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

            We are meeting with our WC 2 days before, but we are also having a symbolic ceremony so no blood test and paperwork. Be sure to ask to make sure though. 

            Originally Posted by MrSRobinson1 

            Quick question, is it true that the bride and groom are suppose to arrive three business days prior to their wedding date? I'm getting married on a Sunday and I was thinking about arriving the Thursday before which is only two business days. Do you think I would have a problem?

            June 9, 2012

            Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

            75 room nights book with TA

            41 guests and still counting!


            #5019 beatyea

            beatyea
            • Jr. Member
            • 288 posts

              Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

              Well the way we found out anyone can cut their bracelets off was at the front desk when about 15 of us were checking in.  We were talking about it and I was saying to the girls to put them on loose and they were like don't worry about it- just come here the next day with the bracelet and say you were in a wedding and they will replace it and we had no issues with it.  The people at the desk are used to this and do it daily and don't think twice about it.



              #5020 shan0487

              shan0487
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,393 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
              • LocationSt Louis, MO

              Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

              Sweet, that works too! Thanks girl! :)

              Originally Posted by beatyea 

              Well the way we found out anyone can cut their bracelets off was at the front desk when about 15 of us were checking in.  We were talking about it and I was saying to the girls to put them on loose and they were like don't worry about it- just come here the next day with the bracelet and say you were in a wedding and they will replace it and we had no issues with it.  The people at the desk are used to this and do it daily and don't think twice about it.






              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users