Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#4601 Soon2bMrsT

Soon2bMrsT
  • Newbie
  • 22 posts

    Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

    Congrats Tammy and Thank you!! Thanks to your review and great comments about your photographer, I have now booked Octavio!!  I'm excited.  I just hope Moon Palace doesn't give me a hard time for using outside photographer.



    #4602 Jamie5280

    Jamie5280
    • Member
    • 675 posts

      Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

      Of course!  Obviously, I found it somewhere on here from another bride.  I just wanted to pay it forward!
       

      Originally Posted by Smoylan 


      Thank you so much for posting your big day outline! Im going to steal it and I only have to change the times...and names because our locations are the same! ;)
       



       



       



       



      YAY!!!  Someone else who is using Octavio!

       

      I agree, it was nice to read a recent review on him too!



      Originally Posted by Soon2bMrsT 

      Congrats Tammy and Thank you!! Thanks to your review and great comments about your photographer, I have now booked Octavio!!  I'm excited.  I just hope Moon Palace doesn't give me a hard time for using outside photographer.



       



      #4603 Jamie5280

      Jamie5280
      • Member
      • 675 posts

        Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

        Hello All!

         

        I found out today that I will have Cristina as our on-site wedding coordinator.  I really didn't pay attention to who has/had who, but I assume she is just at great as the others?!?!?

         

        I am so close to being done with everything.  I just need to finish working with Katie at Zuniga, which I think we finally decided on what we want and put together our OOT bags, tags on the Maracas, etc...I am working on our playlist, since our reception is only 3 hours, I really think I am almost done with that too, since our dinner will be at least an hour and I have a playlist for that as well.

         

        So, really I just need to concentrate on losing those last few lbs, get some new bathing suits and mail out our pre-travel brochures at the end of this month (which I already have ready to go).

         

        This all great, since I am not going to have as much time during work hours to do wedding stuff with starting a new job on Monday!  :)

         

        OH and I am super excited because today is my last day at my old job!!!  WOOT WOOT!!!



        #4604 Speckles121

        Speckles121
        • Member
        • 720 posts

          Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:11 AM


          YAYYY for lots of new chapters to your life starting!! Glad to hear everything is almost finished..cant wait to see it all!!
           

          Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

          Hello All!

           

          I found out today that I will have Cristina as our on-site wedding coordinator.  I really didn't pay attention to who has/had who, but I assume she is just at great as the others?!?!?

           

          I am so close to being done with everything.  I just need to finish working with Katie at Zuniga, which I think we finally decided on what we want and put together our OOT bags, tags on the Maracas, etc...I am working on our playlist, since our reception is only 3 hours, I really think I am almost done with that too, since our dinner will be at least an hour and I have a playlist for that as well.

           

          So, really I just need to concentrate on losing those last few lbs, get some new bathing suits and mail out our pre-travel brochures at the end of this month (which I already have ready to go).

           

          This all great, since I am not going to have as much time during work hours to do wedding stuff with starting a new job on Monday!  :)

           

          OH and I am super excited because today is my last day at my old job!!!  WOOT WOOT!!!



           



          #4605 Jamie5280

          Jamie5280
          • Member
          • 675 posts

            Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

            AW!!!  Those turned out really cute!!!  Good job!!!
             

            Originally Posted by shan0487 

             

             

             

             

             

            I am finally getting around to uploading my first (and only thus far) DIY project.  I made these cards for my bridesmaids and gave them a bottle of wine :) 

             

             

             

             

             

             

             

             

            And here are our postcard Save the Dates I made on Vistaprint! They were free- I just paid shipping! :) 

             

             



             

            Attached Files



            #4606 shan0487

            shan0487
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

            Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:57 AM



            Thanks Jamie! I bought raffia and ordered starfish so I can make the aisle decorations for the ceremony! That will be my next project! :)

             

            Good luck with your new job and enjoy your last day at your old one! :)

            Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

            AW!!!  Those turned out really cute!!!  Good job!!!
             



             



             



            #4607 SunnyInVegas

            SunnyInVegas
            • Site Supporter
            • 37 posts

              Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

              I don't know anyone who has done this before, but I know they used to have a boat that went over to Isla Mujeres for transport and they used the Moon Palace dock.

              When my FI and I were deciding where to book, the one thing with Palace that he really liked was the option that they used to have to do the sunset cruise with a wedding package. Unfortunetly, they don't do this one anymore & it was only out of Isla Mujeres (which we couldn't stay at because we have kids coming).


              My travel agent said she spoke to someone when we originally booked about the possibility of renting a boat for after the wedding and using the dock. She said they'd have to check into it but it should be a good possibility, only thing is we'd have to pay out of pocket to the boat company (which I was already expecting to do). Like most everything else though, we booked back in October and I still don't have information one way or another for using thier dock!

               

              I haven't seen the catamaran rental on trip advisor, I'll have to check it out. Ideally, we wanted to do a sunset cruise after the wedding and before dinner, but I don't think there will be enough time if everyone has to get on a bus to get to the boat. Ahh, so much to figure out! But I'm so glad there's someone else looking into this as well, I thought I was alone on the idea!

               

              Originally Posted by CurlyBride 

              Getting a boat to dock at Moon Palace would be amazing but i guess that would depend on the boat company as well.. do you know anyone who has done this before? my guess is the on site coordinators would know more then the miami office.. just sucks we cant actually reach them.

              I know about the catamaran rental from someone who used that service and loved it. Trip advisor rates it as one of the best tours... its almost like a party boat for 50 people and they have an option for open bar and food based on per person if you want. they add on bus service if you need.
               



               



               



              #4608 coconoir1908

              coconoir1908
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,136 posts

                Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

                Shan,

                 

                These turned out great.. I so started smiling when you said "my free counselor"  These are too cute. 

                Originally Posted by shan0487 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                I am finally getting around to uploading my first (and only thus far) DIY project.  I made these cards for my bridesmaids and gave them a bottle of wine :) 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                And here are our postcard Save the Dates I made on Vistaprint! They were free- I just paid shipping! :) 

                 

                 



                 




                Hello All!

                 

                I found out today that I will have Cristina as our on-site wedding coordinator.  I really didn't pay attention to who has/had who, but I assume she is just at great as the others?!?!?

                 

                I am so close to being done with everything.  I just need to finish working with Katie at Zuniga, which I think we finally decided on what we want and put together our OOT bags, tags on the Maracas, etc...I am working on our playlist, since our reception is only 3 hours, I really think I am almost done with that too, since our dinner will be at least an hour and I have a playlist for that as well.

                 

                So, really I just need to concentrate on losing those last few lbs, get some new bathing suits and mail out our pre-travel brochures at the end of this month (which I already have ready to go).

                 

                This all great, since I am not going to have as much time during work hours to do wedding stuff with starting a new job on Monday!  :)

                 

                OH and I am super excited because today is my last day at my old job!!!  WOOT WOOT!!!



                 

                Attached Files



                #4609 ndvidul

                ndvidul
                • Jr. Member
                • 317 posts

                  Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

                  You're welcome!  I'm so excited that you booked Octavio!  Make sure you ask for his 5% BDW discount. :) 


                  I was able to get away with a day pass for Octavio because before I signed the wedding contract, I asked for the "outside vendors" line to be erased since I had an outside photographer I wanted to use.  My Miami coordinator said it couldn't be erased but that I could just pay for a day pass for him and it would be ok.  I printed that email out and brought it, and when I had my meeting with the on-site coordinator, they took a copy of the email, and all was well!

                   

                  Best wishes!!  I think you'll love working with him! :)

                  Originally Posted by Soon2bMrsT 

                  Congrats Tammy and Thank you!! Thanks to your review and great comments about your photographer, I have now booked Octavio!!  I'm excited.  I just hope Moon Palace doesn't give me a hard time for using outside photographer.



                   



                  #4610 ndvidul

                  ndvidul
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 317 posts

                    Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

                    I was also curious about this before I made other arrangements for our reception.  Here is the document MP sent me about the sunset cruise.  I hope it helps you!!


                     

                     

                     

                     

                     

                    Originally Posted by SunnyInVegas 

                    I don't know anyone who has done this before, but I know they used to have a boat that went over to Isla Mujeres for transport and they used the Moon Palace dock.

                    When my FI and I were deciding where to book, the one thing with Palace that he really liked was the option that they used to have to do the sunset cruise with a wedding package. Unfortunetly, they don't do this one anymore & it was only out of Isla Mujeres (which we couldn't stay at because we have kids coming).


                    My travel agent said she spoke to someone when we originally booked about the possibility of renting a boat for after the wedding and using the dock. She said they'd have to check into it but it should be a good possibility, only thing is we'd have to pay out of pocket to the boat company (which I was already expecting to do). Like most everything else though, we booked back in October and I still don't have information one way or another for using thier dock!

                     

                    I haven't seen the catamaran rental on trip advisor, I'll have to check it out. Ideally, we wanted to do a sunset cruise after the wedding and before dinner, but I don't think there will be enough time if everyone has to get on a bus to get to the boat. Ahh, so much to figure out! But I'm so glad there's someone else looking into this as well, I thought I was alone on the idea!

                     



                     



                     

                    Attached Files






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users