Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#1961 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

Oooooooooooo ladydi1844,

I love love love your inspiration pic for your hair so pretty!  and CONGRATS on getting the dress that you wanted!  This is your day and your mom, regardless of what dress you pic will say "That's my beautiful daughter, baby etc..." when she see's you. 

so get that pin and say CHECK, CHECK, CHECK 

Glasses up ladies, let's keep checking

Thanks for all the support ladies. You guys are right I went back ti a different shop today and tried on some other Maggie destinations dresses that I was really psyched about and saved the Adorae for last and it still made me tingly in a way the others couldn't compete with and the girl helping me was also very enthusiastic about that dress...sorry mom lol. I ordered it and I am so excited to check off dress, lol.

You guys are inspiring mr on the DIY's but I hate not knowing how many I need and making or getting too many/too little so I am making a list and will wait a little bit.

For the girls having trouble getting a coordinator I sent a detailed letter with about 10 questions with different parts mostly about the locations and they quickly passed me off lol. Make it specific like what chapel is close to such and such terrace or how much would it be if I skipped cocktail hour and did reception instead or ask what bars are close to which terraces ..they don't know that in Miami.

I found my hair inspiration today with a diamon headband that matches my maggie belt. I just love it and since everyone complains about the wind I don't want to do a veil and I really wanted it down but i don't want it bad for pics so this is my compromise :

2011-10-1514.11.05.jpg

I love all the support and love on this website and especially with the moon palace girls..it's beautiful ;)

#1962 ladydi1844

ladydi1844
    • Site Supporter
    • 252 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

Thanks so much ladies- you guys really rock  just had to try my first happy guy lol.

leenancy those invites are adorable. You guys inspire me. I can't wait to do some stuff. Already scoping out Michaels. So happy I have the best to learn from.

Good night

#1963 ndvidul

ndvidul
      • 317 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

Sooo cute!!  I love the detail on the plane and the palm tree.  :)  Your guests will start getting excited!  And then your passport invites will blow them away.  Excited to see how those turn out too.

Originally Posted by beatyea 

Ok ladies I finally uploaded the pictures of my STDs  (better late than never! 

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

Tonight is our engagement party, which I am super excited for!  Let the parties begin!!!  HAHA!!!  It's actually really nice to finally be on the other side.  I am usually the one throwing these things, now I just get to enjoy!!!  YAY!!!!  

hhmmm....how is everyone so lucky to have even gotten menus???  I have asked Janina like 4 times if I could get contact info at the MP, and she will not budge!!!  I was actually wanting to book my locations, LeeNancy was so nice to give me the menu options.  But she is getting married 4 days before me, so again, why can't I get in touch with the MP????? 

I guess I have more done than I thought - as soon as I posted the above post I remembered that I have booked La Luna for our photography and TTD!!! WOOHOOO! soo excited about that! I am also going to have SaraTamargo do my makeup which I am as equally excited about!! And I am thinking about using Plumerias Wedding Flower Boutique to make real touch flowers...hmm debating - but they look awesome!

#1964 ndvidul

ndvidul
        • 317 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

So the rebudgeting went well ---- yay!!!  Awesome premarital work, haha - and free!  It's great to know that we won't go into debt for our wedding... all the extra effort to stay within our financial goals will definitely pay off.  :)  And it's a challenge that we get to work on as a team together.  Going to bed a happy girl.

Update: I made a list of all my DIY projects... 23 in all!  Some are simple and some are more complex.  I know I'm taking on a lot for 4 months, but I think I can do it.  Especially with your encouragement!  Can't wait to post pics as I complete them.  Started making my bridal bouquet and love it! 

Hope you all have a fabulous planning week!  Much Love. xo

#1965 YWS2012

YWS2012
          • 393 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:14 AM

YAY!!!!!

So the rebudgeting went well ---- yay!!!  Awesome premarital work, haha - and free!  It's great to know that we won't go into debt for our wedding... all the extra effort to stay within our financial goals will definitely pay off.  :)  And it's a challenge that we get to work on as a team together.  Going to bed a happy girl.

Update: I made a list of all my DIY projects... 23 in all!  Some are simple and some are more complex.  I know I'm taking on a lot for 4 months, but I think I can do it.  Especially with your encouragement!  Can't wait to post pics as I complete them.  Started making my bridal bouquet and love it! 

#1966 ladydi1844

ladydi1844
            • Site Supporter
            • 252 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:04 AM

If we have learned anything from this website it is that you can definitely do it. These women have shown us that with a little encouragement anything is possible. Now you will have the wedding of your dreams and not put yourself in hock and have a little less work to do- who is better than you? lol.

Have fun! You can definitely do it!

Originally Posted by ndvidul 

#1967 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
              • 675 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:54 AM

Thank you thank you!!! :)

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

Usually Lucy is on the ball with answering my emails, as of late, she seems to have vanished.  It's probably really busy there though.  I'm not DYING for an answer but if I were, I'd call them directly. =)

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here are some of the PDFs Janina has sent me in the past regarding menus.

Thank you!  and it was lots of fun!!!

Originally Posted by YWS2012 

Attached Files

#1968 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
                • 675 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:57 AM

So, I have been trying to think of questions to send Janina, and I decided I just need to ask questions I already have the answers to.  This website and all you ladies have been so informative and helpful that I really haven't had much to ask Janina!  HA!!!!  Which is good (and bad) since she won't give me MP's e-mails.  :)  Thanks for all being supportive!!!  HEART YOU ALL!!!

BTW-Engagement party was a success!  We had a great time and I am pretty excited to have a few more parties!!! 

Hope you all have a fab weekend!!!  xoxox

#1969 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
                  • 675 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:58 AM

"HAD" a fab weekend!  Mondays, sheesh!

#1970 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                    • 2,136 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

That's  my girl;-)  Go get her!  But truly if you ask resort specific questions, she will forward your information on to someone at MP.  Some of the questions that I asked (but already had the answer to) was:

How many tables come with the cocktail set-up? And how tall are they?

How far is the Tucan Gazebo from The Venando Terrace

How long is the walk-way of the Tucan Gazebo

Can I have someone decorate my wedding cake versus the person at MP? etc.. but you get my point.  I asked about 15 questions and Janina did not answer any of them LOL, instead she forwarded my email to IIiana and then she contacted me in a few days with answers to my questions. 

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

So, I have been trying to think of questions to send Janina, and I decided I just need to ask questions I already have the answers to.  This website and all you ladies have been so informative and helpful that I really haven't had much to ask Janina!  HA!!!!  Which is good (and bad) since she won't give me MP's e-mails.  :)  Thanks for all being supportive!!!  HEART YOU ALL!!!

BTW-Engagement party was a success!  We had a great time and I am pretty excited to have a few more parties!!! 

Hope you all have a fab weekend!!!  xoxox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users