Moon Palace 2012 Brides

What's pinterest?  Since wedding planning I'm behind on Facebook LOL 

Originally Posted by summer12 View Post

Anyone else on pinterest?  I just joined today- it looks like a fun way to share ideas for weddings and life! I would love to know what else you creative ladies have up your sleeves!  I'm nmmorg if you want to search for me!

I'm on Pinterest!  Love it!

Anyone else on pinterest?  I just joined today- it looks like a fun way to share ideas for weddings and life! I would love to know what else you creative ladies have up your sleeves!  I'm nmmorg if you want to search for me!

<3 you!!!!!  :)hug2.gif

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

what.gif I bet that he heard through the great vine that you were getting married at MP LOL  Wow this is too crazy!  Ladies, we must make sure that Jamie5280 wedding rocks... I'm just saying! 

It turned out absolutely beautiful!!!!  I know how hard it is, but it is such a wonderful gesture to honor those you (still) love!!!!

Hola Chicas,

Well remember a couple of post back (wow there's been so many lol:-) where I was a little sad because (although necessary to order) I had just ordered our memorial picture charms for my bouquet?  Well it's here.  Humbled and blessed to be able to still be present on this earth, my heart is heavy but I am so glad that I choose the vendor as she was so sweet to work with and we have a beautiful necklace which will also be a bouquet charm (it's removable) for our wedding day.

Here is it:

1pic how it hangs naturally.

Dangling.jpg

2nd spread out

Front of Necklace.jpg

back

Back.jpg

Coco

That is beautiful..that's all I can say ..beautiful

Hola Chicas,

Well remember a couple of post back (wow there's been so many lol:-) where I was a little sad because (although necessary to order) I had just ordered our memorial picture charms for my bouquet?  Well it's here.  Humbled and blessed to be able to still be present on this earth, my heart is heavy but I am so glad that I choose the vendor as she was so sweet to work with and we have a beautiful necklace which will also be a bouquet charm (it's removable) for our wedding day.

Here is it:

Dangling.jpg

2nd spread out

Front of Necklace.jpg

back

Back.jpg

Hi Fellow MP Brides,

I have been busy in the diy laboratory ..LOL..I have finally completed some project and would like to share

First we have my tears of joy packets that I made from a  template the Wonderful Coco share with us...Thanks Coco!!!!!idea.gif

also in the pic are small blue organza bag (I purchased from a fellow MP Bride, Coco) filled starfish & seashells tears of joy tissue & starfish n seashells confetti

Next we have welcome bags with welcome kits ,, the Gold is for the Bridal party & the Chocolate is for our guest

welcome bag & kits

Next we have some of the thing that will be inside of the kits ..the door hanger I'm going to take to staples and have them printed on glossy white paper .

1.door hanger 

2. map of the resort

3. postcard to let our guest know how glad we are to have them with us

4. A thanks you magnet

not show will be so games & puzzles

weclome kit stuff 

So now that I have these few things almost completed ..on to the next project ..Wedding program & menus

Until next time Happy planning

Everything looks great!  Love the little blue bags!

Originally Posted by YWS2012 View Post

Hi Fellow MP Brides,

I have been busy in the diy laboratory ..LOL..I have finally completed some project and would like to share

First we have my tears of joy packets that I made from a  template the Wonderful Coco share with us...Thanks Coco!!!!!idea.gif

also in the pic are small blue organza bag (I purchased from a fellow MP Bride, Coco) filled starfish & seashells tears of joy tissue & starfish n seashells confetti

Next we have welcome bags with welcome kits ,, the Gold is for the Bridal party & the Chocolate is for our guest

welcome bag & kits

Next we have some of the thing that will be inside of the kits ..the door hanger I'm going to take to staples and have them printed on glossy white paper .

1.door hanger 

2. map of the resort

4. A thanks you magnet

weclome kit stuff 

So now that I have these few things almost completed ..on to the next project ..Wedding program & menus

So.... I've missed you ladies!!! A lot!  After maybe more than a week of not getting on here, I see that I had 156 posts to catch up on!  cheesy.gif  

Update --- the FI and I have had to creatively downsize our wedding budget due to some changes in our personal lives... so, we had to change it by like 22%!!  Needless to say, l've been visiting every craft store in town pricing things to do more DIY crafts!  (Not like I'm complaining, since I'm really in my element when I'm crafting. :)  )  And the FI and I had a talk that now I'm like doing wedding stuff 24/7 and need to find more of a balance.  ::::sigh::::  No one ever told me how much work this was all going to be!  But I know it will be worth it.  Thank you for all of your support on here, ladies.  I appreciate you all so much.  grouphug.gif

That said, tomorrow, I thankfully have a day off from work, so I'm thrilled at the thought of getting my DIY on!  I've bought some flowers, ribbon, and flower arranging supplies from Michael's, and will attempt to make the bouquets and boutonnieres (inspired by YWS' beautiful DIY flowers).  Bought my first paper-cutter that I've been wanting forever - YAY!  I may even start tackling our pre-travel brochures as well tomorrow.  We'll see.  Bought the silver luggage tags from Michael's as well before they were all sold out!  Don't know whether these will go out with the pre-travel brochures or go in the OOT bags yet. 

The resort has made another change with communication and now has me directly in touch with my on-site wedding coordinator, Claudia Fonesca, LOL.  So many changes.  But at least she said that we didn't have to be there 3 days before... just 2 days before at 10am for our appointment.  Yay!  Maybe we can book our flights soon now. :)

Loving the updates I viewed tonight... my comments below.  xoxo

Ummm... yes, yes, YES!!!  You go girl --- looks like you women had a blast putting some of the details together.  I love your new colors and dresses for the BM's.  And the table number picture frames look like the inspirational pic you sent me in the email a while back that you liked.  Way to recreate it in your own style!!  Can't wait to start working on these details, too. :)

Thinking of you and your dear sweet doggie.  I do hope she feels better soon.  She has the best Momma to take care of her. :)

Originally Posted by krsmith View Post

While I was back home my mom and I decided to try and tackle some wedding stuff. The main stuff we wanted to focus on were the OOT bags and the decor. It was SO tough and we didn't even come close to finishing, but we got a good start! The first day we drove to all the different stores (Target, Walmart, Costco, Dollar Plus) to price some of the various items. We also spent hours upon hours at Michaels and Joann Fabric trying to get some good ideas for decor/oot etc. 

For the OOT bags we ended up just buying a few things that were good deals for now, and working on getting the other stuff later once we got a better idea how many were coming.

DSC00687.JPG

Travel Lint Roller- $1 per 2 pack @ Dollar Plus

Wrist Coils- $1 per 2 pack @ Dollar Plus (not in any particular colors I liked, but it was a good deal so I just said "screw it"!)

Motrin- approx $12 per 50 count packet box @ Staples

Lens Cleansing Wipes- approx $6 per box of 30 @ Walmart

Not pictured here:

Glow Stick Jewelry- $1 @ Michaels

Hand Sanitizer- $1 @ Target (I found a better deal elsewhere, but they were cute and had a few scents)

While I was home I also made the decision to change up my color scheme slightly. I had ordered convertible dresses for my 3 sisters in pink a while back. I liked the idea because my 2 younger sisters are incredibly tiny and couldn't fit into even size 0 at most places we went to and I didn't want to pay a ton to have alterations done, AND the fact they could all wear it how they wanted to. I HATED the color of pink it was when they arrived, and because the return policy sucked I wasn't able to return them, so I was just going to suck it up and use them anyways. Turns out it is the hardest color to match or even compliment! My mom suggested I look at getting them a neutral color like silver/gray instead. The next day I found a silver Suzi Chin dress at a great price! 

SUZ-ob3m-004-1_550x550.jpg

$49 on ideeli.com

After I ordered these I was free to change my colors! I decided I wanted to go for a more "antique/vintage" look, so I changed my shades slightly:

DSC00636.JPG

Paper from Joann Fabric

We worked on things like table numbers, the OOT bag, OOT bag labels, and tea light holders. The frames are just some my mom had that I used as a reference and to see what it would look like. After lots of shopping, we decided that we didn't want to spend the extra money on canvas totes and instead use gift bags. To add a little something extra we used a stencil and some silver metallic paint on them. (The pic is just a trial...we haven't decided on a design yet!) Labels were kind of put on the back burner since our computers weren't working well with the template download. We got several tea light holders and decided to just experiment with some paint, crystals, pearls, and lace. I wanted a "frosted" look to hide potential LED candles if it was too windy for real candles. 

IMG_0789.JPG

(The pink ribbon will either be replaced with nicer satin ribbon or none at all)

IMG_0809.JPG

I had ordered the Wonder Vases to play with and see how they looked for centerpieces. NOPE!! They looked pretty tacky and I didn't trust they would stay up. I think we decided on using Blume Boxes to put our bouquets in and use as centerpieces. I like this idea for the Blume Box decor-

Silver-and-purple-palette.jpg

OK ladies! I think this was about it! Not done with anything yet, but I am at least headed in some direction!

Thanks for all your inspiration and support!

Love to all! :)

Gorgeous ---- and classic.  Wish we could see it on you!!!!  The lace detail is incredible.  Congrats!!

Originally Posted by JLCarrera View Post

thumb-1.jpgthumb.jpgimage.jpg     Ok Ladies, this is my first attempt at posting a picture, so please bear with me......this is THE dress I will be getting married in. It's Casablanca 1975, which I ordered last month. The FI really wanted me to wear something that showed curves. I'm pretty nervous, cause usually I'm trying to hide or minimize them, especially my booty. No hiding optional in this baby. I originally was thinking of something "flowy and chiffony" but as he and I looked at websites together, the FI always commented that he hoped I wouldn't try to hide under ruffles or a big gown. My MOH started to cry when I tried this one on and convinced me that as my 39th birthday quickly approaches, I need to finally learn to embrace my curves. I will post a picture of me in the actual dress in February when I get the alterations done. Hope you girls approve.

It's the company the MP recommends --- MP sent me the info. :)

Originally Posted by merrylee View Post

Is this the catamaran the MP recommends or did you find this place on your own? 

I appreciate your honesty and integrity in sharing with us your true thoughts and feelings and living by them as well.  It's hard to put so much work into something and freely share it with others and then feel a little taken advantage of when others don't give credit/pay it forward.  I've felt this way in the past (not on here, but in other areas of life), but haven't had the courage to actually say it.  I applaud you and appreciate you.  Love you too. 

Ladies,

As sdamian once said a few post back "I speak what's on my mind" I'm true to a fault but, I also don't like to be taken advantage of, nor will I sit back and let that happen to others. SO, my soapbox messages the other day was to simply state that.  I don't like to be asked "what are you doing for this, what are you doing for that, how did you do  this and that etc." and then in the same breathe the person takes the ideas and does whatever, but fails to post pictures or share how they created it for themselves, or share their templates.  Heck my ideas aren't grand and because I'm no DIY queen, I have drawn a tremendous amount of help from this forum.  And in that same manner, I share when I'm done or even what I have in the process. In the few times that I could not share the exact template(s) because of a background that I brought, I simply removed the background and sent what I had.  So because I cringe at the ideal of my wedding being dupped  wtf.gifas I'm sure you would I'm ban02.gif myself.  As you can see I felt a little iconic LOL.  I'll continue to share basic things, and as always will share any templates that I have.  But in order for me to not stand on any more soap boxes and the like (which is truly not a part of my character) I'll simply go about things this way. This will insure my sanity eek.gif along with the integrity of our wedding planning. 

Love you ladies and keep DIYing your hearts out. 

Jamie --- I'd love to see them and give you feedback.  PM me if you want... I can't open attachments yet!

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

question....Do you ladies like the alternating palm tree with our wedding logo or should I keep one or the other....I like the alternating, but looking at it all day, I am not sure anymore....  feedback.gif  thank you chicas!!!

Ta DAA!!!  You are absolutely glowing in this beautiful dress.  It fits you so well!  Are you even going to need alterations?  Congrats!!

Mrsbuff2b

I printed them at officemax, and I'm glad I did- they turned out much more professional looking and it saved on my printer/ink.  Highly suggest printing at officemax- very cheap!  Also I folded the back page in half which looked like an envelope and stuck my "save the date" magnet postcard in the middle of it.  If you want the template or have any more ??'s let me know!

Okay ladies I found my dress!!  My mom, sister, FMIL and FSIL went to Lulu's in Dallas on Saturday (which was shop number 3 that day) and we found it!

It's a Maggie Sottero- I added the belt.  I know people say "when you try on the dress you'll know" but I didn't believe them.  It was true.  My mom said "I hate when people say they're proud of their daughters because they're beautiful but you are so beautiful AND a great successful woman and I'm so proud of you".  I'm so glad I found it while mom and sis where visiting :)))))

I'm really touched.  Truly beautiful, friend.  hug2.gif

Hola Chicas,

Here is it:

Dangling.jpg

2nd spread out

Front of Necklace.jpg

back

Back.jpg

My hairdresser was talking about pintrest last week, and I made a note to check it out.  She said you need to be invited to join?!  Since I'm like DIY central over here (lol), I'm super interested.  Can you PM me and let me know how it works please? 

Haha, you mad scientist you --- in your DIY lab!  Love it!  You inspire me so much, YWS!!!  The folding welcome letters are so awesome, and I love how the welcome bags and kits look so rich. BTW, your invites look amazing as well.  You've been checking some big bad things off your list lately.  You go girl!  Using you as some inspiration tomorrow when I get down and dirty in my DIY lab - hahahahaha!   

Originally Posted by YWS2012 View Post

Hi Fellow MP Brides,

welcome bag & kits

1.door hanger 

2. map of the resort

4. A thanks you magnet

weclome kit stuff 

HI ndvidul,

Welcome back pinkie.gif

Sorry to hear that you had to make some change for your big day ... Just remember when life hands you lemons, you make lemon cake...lol not crazy about lemonade.

I'm sure things will work out for the best for you & Fi smile03.gif  So get your diy lab coat on and start experimenting ..were are here for you, were a like a familygrouphug.gif

until next time Happy planning