Has Anyone Recently Used Cheaptotes?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 vcwedding2011

vcwedding2011
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:51 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am thinking of ordering my OOT bags from Cheaptotes.com but I read on the forum that the quality of the canvas bags might not be all that great.

Have any of you lovely ladies ordered recently?  Are you happy with the product?

Thanks,

V

#2 DanniS

DanniS
    • 145 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:43 PM

We decided to go with totes from discountmugs.com and we absolutely love our totes.  They are large and a great beach bag for guests.  We ordered 25 bags and it came to $88 total including shipping (this was during their cyber Monday sale).  We did get an imprint on it.  We will do this ourselves.

http://www.discountm...h-tote-bags.htm

#3 jystar13

jystar13
      • 185 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

i ordered my oot bags from cheaptotes. i did the .99 cent canvas ones and i am really happy with them.  they are a little on the thin side but they are a great size and more then perfect for an oot bag, i know i would be happy with it if i got it as a guest so i'm really happy i went with them.   i created a logo and then printed on iron on transfer paper and ironed them on the bags and they are coming out awesome! 

now sapphire riviera cancun - february 19, 2011 - 63 booked :)

#4 fmichelle

fmichelle
        • 298 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

There are also a lot of options on eBay for large lots of canvas bags.  Perhaps if you have a smaller group you could find another bride to go in on it with you.  I was looking to spend no more than $2 per bag including shipping (and I'm also concerned by the thinness of the cheaptotes ones) How many did you need? I'm probably only going to need about 15 and the smallest lot at the price I want is 50.  PM if you're interested.

#5 schmizer

schmizer
          • 213 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:12 AM

I just ordered a canvas one to check out the quality.  I'll let you know when it gets here.

#6 fmichelle

fmichelle
            • 298 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

As much as I did want canvas, I went to Dollar Tree last night and they must have gotten a new shipment because I found the exact style and size bag I was hoping for. Alas, they aren't canvas, but at least I won't feel hurt if the guests don't use them after the wedding week. And of course, no shipping costs is always nice.

#7 smanriquez

smanriquez
              • 53 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by jystar13 

i ordered my oot bags from cheaptotes. i did the .99 cent canvas ones and i am really happy with them.  they are a little on the thin side but they are a great size and more then perfect for an oot bag, i know i would be happy with it if i got it as a guest so i'm really happy i went with them.   i created a logo and then printed on iron on transfer paper and ironed them on the bags and they are coming out awesome! 

Hi there!  Would you please tell me how you created your logo and iron on?  Did you grab it from a website?  I am going to order my canvas bags from cheap totes.  I had planned on having our logo professionally printed on the bags.  But after reading some threads and being on a budget, I am really interested in creating my own iron on. 

How did yours turn out?

Thanks!

#8 sxcT

sxcT
                • 1,282 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:31 PM

Do you have a photo of them?  Are they on the website?  I am always looking but never find what I want.

Originally Posted by fmichelle 

As much as I did want canvas, I went to Dollar Tree last night and they must have gotten a new shipment because I found the exact style and size bag I was hoping for. Alas, they aren't canvas, but at least I won't feel hurt if the guests don't use them after the wedding week. And of course, no shipping costs is always nice.

#9 fmichelle

fmichelle
                  • 298 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:25 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sxcT 

Do you have a photo of them?  Are they on the website?  I am always looking but never find what I want.

I'll post a pic when I get home. They are not on the website, and I has just been at another Dollar Tree a few days prior and they didn't have them. When I was at the cashier I asked if the bags were new and she had no idea. I got two different shades of blue with multicolored straps that go vertically down the sides of the bags. They had other colors too, but I can't remember which, sorry. Pics coming....

#10 fmichelle

fmichelle
                    • 298 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:50 PM

Here are the bags I bought with a magazine next to them for reference size.  I bought both blues, like I said there were other colors, just can't remember which.  Sorry, hope this helps.

OOT bags.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users