Loreal30
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Thanks I'm checking out afloral now!

#42 MrsWWhite

MrsWWhite
    • 159 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Got my flowers today from wedideas! I love them! I dont think anyone will know they are fake unless they really examine or touch them. 011216.jpg

Love these the colour is beautiful

#43 ErickMorgan

ErickMorgan
      • 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

Using fake flowers is interesting as the longevity of this product is high as compared to real flowers. Since decoration in the wedding is just for a day so it can be thought as a better choice to use fake flowers instead of real ones as they can be preserved for a long time.

#44 ucfjennifer

ucfjennifer
        • 185 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 26, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Cozumel, MX
        • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

I've decided to go with real touch flowers so I can keep my bouquet as a momento.

#45 Backy

Backy
        • 171 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Sandals Montego Bay

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lua 

Hi there! :)

I've decided on going with fake flowers. My main reasoning is that the free bouquets offered with my resort aren't what I want and then I got to thinking - why spend a ton of $ for a real bouquet that I want but probably can't even really bring back home? So, I've recently orderd the flowers that I want from afloral.com and plan to make my own bouquet.I bought enough for my bouquet, FI's bout and some extras for decorations - all of that incl. hefty shipping to Canada came to $52 (the flowers before shipping were in the $30s). And let me tell you - they look AMAZING in person.

I hope to actually get my bouquet together after Christmas (things just suddenly got too busy) and I'll definitely post pictures when I'm done. I love DIY'ing so I figured how hard can it be to make a bouquet?

thank you for sharing, it's good to know this info especially I am from Canada.

#46 Backy

Backy
        • 171 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Sandals Montego Bay

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by BeachBound2011 

Here are my Natural Touch flowers from wedideas.com!!  The first is my bouquet!!  And the other is for my bridesmaids!  I love them!!

MyBouquet.jpgBridesmaidBouquet.jpg

it looks like real... but i am seriously considering it. I really don't feel like spending $250 for my own bouquet and $150 each for my 4 bridesmaid, when i can spend 1/4 of that and get some beautiful personalized bouquets.

#47 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
        • Site Supporter
        • 88 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

I couldn't decide either. So I elected to have both!! I ordered a real touch bouquet from bloom bridal. It had a twist on my colors of yellow and gray, with white and deep purple added in and some bling of diamonds and pearls. I ordered only my bouquet and the grooms mothers corsage to match. It cost me around $200. I also had the resort prepare me a yellow fresh flower traditional boquet. The day of my photographer took test shots with both bouquets and the girls helped me decide. I went with the real touch bouquet hands down it was SO classy. Then I used the real yellow bouquet the next day for my trash the dress session. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS! I am such a happy bride. Here is a shot of the bloom bridal bouquet.  I will try to post a closer up shot later.

#48 Buzybee

Buzybee
          • 18 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

I went with wooden sola flowers. I wanted a real flower look but a keepsake forever.

Bouquet made of wooden Sola roses, zinnas, and gardinas with silk cala lillies, berries, fiddle fern fronds, peacock feathers, seashells and crystals. Bouquet was made by Annette Ewert at the Blooming Corner.

Etsy store: *

#49 StephLB

StephLB
            • 171 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

I love the Sola flowers, thanks for sharing the link! How fragile did you find them?

#50 Buzybee

Buzybee
              • 18 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

I was careful with them but they weren't as fragile as I thought. I packed the box good with paper and bubble wrap and had no problems. They survived the plane ride and they even got wet when I did the trash the dress session. I thought since she has dyed the roses and lavender flowers that the color would bleed or that there would be water rings from he salt water but you cant even tell they got wet. They are just as beautiful today as the day I got them.

Penny

AKA: Buzybee

Vow Renewal Photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151504908593075.1073741829.617533074&type=1&l=71dfd046a0

Video: https://www.facebook...627857959926029

Jamaica Vacation 2013: https://www.facebook...=1&l=a2e78ac99d

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users