breeze616's Planning Thread - tons of pics!

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#61 farlem311

• 219 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

Looks great!!!!

#62 merrylee

• 687 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

Congratulations everything is absolutely beautiful.  I love that you Moma made your dress, such an amazingly personal touch. 

#63 MissSimone

• 255 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

your mom is so talented. everything looks great

#64 breeze616

• 1,760 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

Island Girl - they are just brooch pins - you can get them at any craft shop, or on ebay. They look like this:

#65 Marlena

• 254 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:59 AM

The OOT bags are VERY cute! How did you pack everything to get it to Jamaica ?

#66 breeze616

• 1,760 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Marlena 

The OOT bags are VERY cute! How did you pack everything to get it to Jamaica ?

verrry carefully. hahaha

We flew with West Jet, which at the time allowed 2 checked bags, on carry-on per guest. We had 5 bags between hubby and I, so we gave one to the Best Man to bring for us.

#67 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,680 posts
              • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
              • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
              • LocationUtah

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:23 AM

In-LOVE with your dress! WOW and those flowers are so pretty. You have amazing taste and all the details really came together to complete the look. Thanks for sharing!

#68 niajs

• 214 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by breeze616 

Originally Posted by niajs 

Wow - you are so talented! Can you let us know how you made your bookmarks? I would love to make some for my OOT bags.

I'm a graphic designer so I made the bookmarks using Adobe Illustrator. I also have contacts in the print industry who were happy to print them, laminate them and cut them for me. But really anyone could make them!

You could use Powerpoint or even Word. Just design the bookmarks in text boxes and leave the text box marked out so you know where to cut them out of the regular sized paper. Then you could print them on glossy cardstock, but I recommend having them printed at Office Depot on card stock and laminated there as well. Laminating them makes them look very professional and last longer. Then you (or office depot) can trim them using a paper cutter. I love this paper cutter http://fiskarspapercutter.com/ you can only do one page at a time, but its more accurate than the guillotine-type cutters.

After they are cut out, I used a scrapbooking corner punch to round the corners, this is what I used: http://www.123stitch...?item=01-001448 Then I used a hole punch for the ribbon hole, tied some ribbon through it and voila!

I get all my supplies at craft stores like Michaels.

Happy Planning!

Thanks for the tips. I'm from the UK, so we don't have an Office Depot, but my future SIL makes invitations etc, so she should be able to get the card and my sister is a teacher, so she has a laminating machine for her school stuff! I'll give it a try.

#69 Prettysparklie

• Site Supporter
                • 131 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

GREAT JOB! I can't wait for your wedding blog! I definitely need a tutorial on how you made the wedding flower/ribbon decorations.

#70 Pucca

• 485 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:38 AM

So creative!! Love it! Your wedding dress is beautiful!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users