Photo

breeze616's Planning Thread - tons of pics!

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 niajs

niajs
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:17 AM

Wow - you are so talented! Can you let us know how you made your bookmarks? I would love to make some for my OOT bags.

#42 smfs

smfs
    • 176 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:26 AM

Cant wait to see how your wedding turned out & all the pics!

*16 confirmed~9/10/11~Nassau, Bahamas*
      http://vimeo.com/19177280

#43 sebitasalejo

sebitasalejo
      • 221 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:44 PM

Oh wow! What an amazing planning thread. Kudos on all the diy work. You are so lucky Gianinar got it right. My dress was a total failure. I absolutely love your BM's dresses, the way you customized your shoes, you are a very creative person. The only thing I did not like was the shells, but that's b/c I don't like shells. Period. Thanks for taking the time to show us.
        [SIGPIC]

#44 breeze616

breeze616
        • 1,760 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by niajs 

Wow - you are so talented! Can you let us know how you made your bookmarks? I would love to make some for my OOT bags.

I'm a graphic designer so I made the bookmarks using Adobe Illustrator. I also have contacts in the print industry who were happy to print them, laminate them and cut them for me. But really anyone could make them!

You could use Powerpoint or even Word. Just design the bookmarks in text boxes and leave the text box marked out so you know where to cut them out of the regular sized paper. Then you could print them on glossy cardstock, but I recommend having them printed at Office Depot on card stock and laminated there as well. Laminating them makes them look very professional and last longer. Then you (or office depot) can trim them using a paper cutter. I love this paper cutter http://fiskarspapercutter.com/ you can only do one page at a time, but its more accurate than the guillotine-type cutters.

After they are cut out, I used a scrapbooking corner punch to round the corners, this is what I used: http://www.123stitch...?item=01-001448 Then I used a hole punch for the ribbon hole, tied some ribbon through it and voila!

I get all my supplies at craft stores like Michaels.

Happy Planning!

#45 msucooper

msucooper
          • 196 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 13, 2017
          • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:10 PM

Enjoyed your journal and I LOVE all your DIY projects.  Can not wait to see your wedding pics.

#46 starrysim

starrysim
          • 349 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:05 AM

Absolutely amazing!  I can't believe all the work you put into it.  I guess I'm a bit more selfish - the reason I really want to do a DW is to avoid having to plan and micromanage every detail.  You've done an amazing job here.  Your ring, dress and invites really stood out as my favourites.  Congrats, and can't wait to see the review thread - I'm just a few days away from booking my date at the same resort, I just need to get copies of our ID to send, and with being off work right now it's harder to find "facilites" to do that :)  take care, and Merry Christmas!

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#47 natalie7

natalie7
            • Site Supporter
            • 298 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:20 AM

Thanks so much for letting me know where you got the bottle openers from... I dont think they make those anymore.. unfortunately!! :( They look awesome...

which shell sizes did you buy from that website??? You did an amazing job.... I can't wait for your tutorials...!! and to see some wedding pics!! Post soon!!!

Natalie

#48 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

Wow, I love love love your STDs!!

#49 natalie7

natalie7
              • Site Supporter
              • 298 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

what size seed beads did you use and what type of glue??? Did you get the seed beeds in bulk? Because Michaels only sells little ones!!! I would have buy like 60 of them!!!!!

#50 JenArge

JenArge
                • 85 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

Amazing planning thread! So many pics I couldn't stop looking. Thanks for the great ideas and congrats on the big day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users