Beaches ~ Turks & Caicos Roll Call!

Hi all,

This question is for past brides.....  I'm getting married at the end of this month.  I'm trying to figure out how to style my hair, but I'm not sure about the weather conditions, i.e. humidity.  I have the type of hair that WILL frizz if there is humidity.  I would opt for more of a "down" do, but I'm worried about frizz.  Anyone have any ideas about this?  Do they style your hair to resist the humidity?  I'm getting hair and makeup done at the resort.  

Thanks for your help!

You're day is almost here!!!!

Hi ladies!  I'm getting married at Beaches Turks in 2 months!  May 11 is my day and I am so excited!  Is there anyone else getting married this day?  Eveything is going along well.  We have just about everything set.  My biggest concern is not knowing where the ceremony or the reception will take place.  Does anyone have any location recommendations?  We plan to wed on the beach, barefoot.  We wanted to have the reception there as well, but it's a friday night and they have their beach parties then.  We have 26 total guests coming, so any input on a great location for the reception would be great!!

My daughter just got married there last Friday.  She has long,  straight hair and the spa did her hair loose curls, to  one side with flowers and it looked great.  It is hot and humid but not too bad at 5 PM.  It is windy, use lots of hair spray.

My daughter had her wedding last Friday and she didn't make final decisions until the day before she got there and you can make decisions there.  If you want band they may not be available but probably will.  My daughter had cocktail s and three hour reception which was great.  A lot of time and plenty of food for everyone.  She had her reception on the deck behind Carribean Village overlooking beach and it was great but there is a jaccuzzi there and they wanted to charge 300. to cover it (I protested and got it free)  They will try to charge you for a lot of things, we brought our own sand ceremony items and they still charged 50.  We wanted a video played at rehersal, they wanted 250. to play (got this free).  We used their photo and video and they did a great job.  Requested Patrick for photographer (recommended by someone on this site) he was great, lots of shots and unique poses.  The wedding planner (Patricia) was great, nice, competant (unlike Roxie) and went above and beyond to make us happy.  Definately ask for her and Patrick if doing photography.  Don't stress about last minute additions because they are easy to do.  We had Mahi and Steak and they were both great.  We had the Tropical Paradise minus the fruit.  Hired outside florist and they delivered tropical colored floral arrangements in conch shells, as well as bouquets and boutineers.  My daughter did get the bouquet that went with this package and it was really nice and she used it for throw away.

Thank you mdcoug!  I'll check with my ta about the $400 fees as we are staying for 10 days.

Originally Posted by mdcoug View Post

I forgot to say that I just checked with the resort and they said that it is still if you stay 6 nights then the fee is included. This is what the agent sent me by email: 

Beachbride~ Yes I believe that you can still add the private reception when you get there.  That will give them a few days to get it together.  I also think I remember reading that you rent the speakers (maybe $80?) that the ipod can hook up to.  I think we will be doing the ipod as well so please let me know.  Don't forget to breathe!  It will be fantastic whatever you decide!

We added the iPod dock and it's $150/hr! But we decided to just do the 1 hr private cocktail reception and rented the iPod dock for that period of time. We'll do photos after the cocktail reception and then meet up at one of the restaurants. The reason we did that is because Roxi was telling us we had to choose 1 thing for each course for the private dinner. There is NO WAY we could do this to our guests. So I think one of the restaurants is our best bet. A week from today I'll be in Turks already!!! Woohoo!!!!! :))

Thank you mdcoug!  I'll check with my ta about the $400 fees as we are staying for 10 days. Beachbride~ Yes I believe that you can still add the private reception when you get there.  That will give them a few days to get it together.  I also think I remember reading that you rent the speakers (maybe $80?) that the ipod can hook up to.  I think we will be doing the ipod as well so please let me know.  Don't forget to breathe!  It will be fantastic whatever you decide!