#21 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:34 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by carly
    Jenn, how long wre you there before you got married, if you brought the petals with you? We are flying in on Wed and getting married on Saturday, but I'd much rather bring my own if possible...
    Someone else said their dried petals were taken by customs. I believe the reason is it's bad for the environment. You might introduce a non native bug & mess up the ecosystem. So even if you can sneak them past customs it's not really a good idea.

#22 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:47 PM

Since I have not read the other posts I am sorry if I am repeating what has already been said. You must check with the resort. We were only allowed real rose petals so not to litter the beach. The rose petals were only like $10.00 abg and we had tons.

#23 Jenn

Jenn
      • 1,557 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:04 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Morgan
        isn't the problem taking the flowers there? I have found cheap wholesale petals online, but you can't fly them to mexico. Did you get them wholesale in jamaica?
        Quote:
        Jenn, how long wre you there before you got married, if you brought the petals with you? We are flying in on Wed and getting married on Saturday, but I'd much rather bring my own if possible...
        We bought roses (not just the petals) wholesale in Jamaica from TPG distributors. They are located in MoBay, so its easy to pick up on the way from the airport. Its more work to pick the petals off yourself, but it was way cheaper. The local florist was going to charge us about $5/rose for just the petals. You should figure on about 1 rose/person to throw and then whatever you need for the aisle (the florist can help you approximate how many you need). We bought the roses for about $20/dozen. We picked the roses up on Wednesday and the wedding was Saturday. We had the roses in the resort's fridge until Saturday and picked them the day of.

#24 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,513 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:27 PM

I just bought some from Hobby Lobby - I guess I figured it would be the easiest ( and the cheapest ) I haven't taken them out of the box yet but they looked good enough!

#25 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:36 PM

Quote:
            She answered my email and told me the price of rose petals in teh aisle, $150! Even though I asked for the pricing of rose petals, as well as other flower petals. She also told me there is a $100 fee for the sand ceremony and it includes vessels and sand. Even though my question stated, I have the vessels and sand, how much would it be to add a table setup? Ugh.
            Holy crap Carly. Is this stuff gold lined? Your resort has expenisve "extras."
            Happily married since 2008

#26 Stormsong

Stormsong
            • 287 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

what about dried rose petals instead of silk or live? Would still look pretty. Oh, maybe something else instead of rose petals. Like, um, sea glass, or colored stones, or something like that.
              Lisa

#27 BillysBride

BillysBride
              • 1,255 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:14 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Morgan
                I just got a reply from my WC. I can use silk petals & someone will clean them up. But, they might still blow in the lagoon if it's windy. So I'm going to buy real ones. It's $10 per bag. I just don't want to risk polluting the beautiful lagoon.

I wish i didn't spend $6.50 last night on silk petals, but I can just sprinkle them on the tables of my AHR.

My WC is awesome answering all my random questions. I just realized I can't wait to meet her & put a face to the emails.
                As usual Morgan, your info helps me tremendously.

The $10 per bag, is that from the resort or where are you getting them?
                Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#28 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:07 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BillysBride
                  As usual Morgan, your info helps me tremendously.

The $10 per bag, is that from the resort or where are you getting them?
                  From the hotel. Elena said a bag is enough for 10 people so I'll need 2-3 bags.

#29 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                  • 1,260 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:28 AM

Silk Rose petals
                    2000 Silk Rose Petals Fuchsia - Wedding Rose Petals
                    $35 for 2000petals

Silk Rose Petals and Silk Flowers
                    $18 for 1000 petals or $5 for 200
                    See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#30 ajanders21

ajanders21
                    • 57 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:25 PM

10 dollar a bag?!? My florist in Jamaica is trying to charge me 80!!! Ugh! I'm looking into this TPG in Mobay, any more info on them Jenn??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users