Fake Rose petals

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:43 AM

Had anyone used faked rose petals to line their aisle? I have seen these at both michaels and oriental trading and I am cheap (if you haven't noticed already) and I was just wondering how they looked compared to the real thing and if it was totally obvious??

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:46 AM

I plan to use the silk rose petals, but I need to check with the resort to make sure its ok, since they are eco-friendly and I don't ant to have to be the one bothered to clean them up afterwards.

#3 michelle08

michelle08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,702 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:50 AM

These I assume are nicer than the ones from michaels or oriental trading?

Do you have a link?? I just don't see the point in spending so much on the real thing.

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by michelle08
          These I assume are nicer than the ones from michaels or oriental trading?

Do you have a link?? I just don't see the point in spending so much on the real thing.
          I think they'll all be similar. I haven't compared prices on anything yet ... just searched online. Here are a few links...

1000 Silk Rose Petals Double Pink - Wedding Rose Petals

Silk Rose Petals from Petal Garden

Silk Rose Petals Discount Prices

There are also freeze dried rose petals, which would be eco-friendly, but I don't know anything about these (will they crunch when you walk on them .. maybe a stupid question but I truly don't know...)

#5 michelle08

michelle08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,702 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:02 PM

Thanks for the links!!! I will check them out....

#6 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

Good question, Michelle! I was also thinking about getting them, but wasn't sure how that worked after the ceremony. I don't want them blowing all over the beach. I guess I should check with the resort. Have any other brides used them?

#7 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
              • 679 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:18 PM

I am also looking into silk rose petals. I would love to use the freeze dried, but they are out of my budget.

Lizz.. I e-mailed Chandalyn today to see if they would allow silk or freexe-dried petals. I also asked her the approzimate length and width of the aisle, so I could figure out how many I need to order. I will let you know when I hear back from her. It is usually about 1 week.
                Brittney & Peter
                July 12, 2008
                Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#8 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:17 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BrittneyD
                  Lizz.. I e-mailed Chandalyn today to see if they would allow silk or freexe-dried petals. I also asked her the approzimate length and width of the aisle, so I could figure out how many I need to order. I will let you know when I hear back from her. It is usually about 1 week.
                  Thanks Brittney! That's a huge help.

#9 michelle08

michelle08
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,702 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:08 PM

So has anyone bought these silk petals yet I want to order some still but not sure if it's worth spending money on real petals...I don't want them to look really cheap!

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:15 PM

I bought silk rose petals off ebay yesterday to have thrown at us. I asked my WC if I could use rose petals. I should have specified they were silk. I guess I just thought someone would clean them up. I need to find out what happens because I don't want to be litering the beach.

You can't fly real ones right? I found a company to get cheap real ones, but I don't think we could pack them.

The ones i got aren't that real looking, but they are a mix of bright colors. I did see some really realistic looking ones on ebay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users