Photo

Wedding Present for your Husband-To-Be

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#71 sxcT

sxcT
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:27 AM

Well the ones I have contacted are almost $200 just for the session.  Hair and make-up extra of course.  And then the prints are like a 10 page album for $400-$500.  Really?  Just 10 friggin photos!!  If I wanted one more photo its like $50.  If I just wanted digital it was like 100 images for $1500 and all images for $2500!!!  WTF!!  That is what I am spending on my wedding photographer.  You can't even compare the two.  Gosh its frustrating.

So I do have options....my mom is a photographer but not good at shooting people.  And then my sister's bf has been into erotica photography for quite some time but I just don't know if that is ok.  I think I'd feel uncomfortable.  I think I'd rather it be a stranger LOL!!  I think that besides saving so much money going with one of these options the benefit is that I will have access to every single picture taken of me and I can do whatever I want with them. 

#72 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
    • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

@ Peach

I am having my MOH take the pictures.... why not recruit a good friend??

#73 TropicLover

TropicLover
      • 293 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:36 AM

Hey ladies!

Well I looked into pricing last night and you're all right....it's high!  I've seen some packages for $250 - 500 that include hair, make up and then the photos.  BUT if you want them to edit the photos she charges you per picture (lol and yes I have a "trouble" spot here and there that I wouldn't mind touched up )

I'd rather get the pictures and then do the book myself through MyPublisher....lol although I wonder what they'd think of seeing these pics ;-)

I'm going to hunt around to see if there are any Boudior Marathon's happening because it tends to be a bit cheaper then.  I'm going to assume more will pop up in Dec/Jan in time for valentine's day....fingers crossed!

#74 Peach

Peach
        • 1,293 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:17 PM

I did think about that, but my MoH and BM both live out of town and rarely come here (or me to them) without FI. Honestly, I am very comfortable with getting my picture taken by strangers, but I would feel uneasy posing like that in front of them. Weird, huh? And I do not know if I feel okay asking any of my other friends to do it either.... I will try and think of someone though... because I know that would indeed be easier!

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

@ Peach

I am having my MOH take the pictures.... why not recruit a good friend??

#75 TropicLover

TropicLover
          • 293 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:35 PM

I totally know what you mean!  I'd feel much more comfortable with a stranger too.

Originally Posted by Peach 

I did think about that, but my MoH and BM both live out of town and rarely come here (or me to them) without FI. Honestly, I am very comfortable with getting my picture taken by strangers, but I would feel uneasy posing like that in front of them. Weird, huh? And I do not know if I feel okay asking any of my other friends to do it either.... I will try and think of someone though... because I know that would indeed be easier!

#76 goddesslv4

goddesslv4
            • 91 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

LOL don't want to use my bedroom but then he might question who's bedroom it is!!??  wondering who has a nice bedroom i could use? don't think there r any nice hotels around here

#77 FutureMrsDawson

FutureMrsDawson
              • 154 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

OK - quick question, when do you lose the self conciousness during this shoot?  I think it would show on my face....

#78 Peach

Peach
                • 1,293 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

Thank goodness I am not the only one! I was beginning to worry about myself!

Originally Posted by TropicLover 

I totally know what you mean!  I'd feel much more comfortable with a stranger too.

#79 Keine Dennis

Keine Dennis
                  • 43 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

What about a watch with your wedding date on the back! :)

I love destination weddings!

#80 monicak

monicak
                    • 63 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

I got him a Movado watch; he LOVED it!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users