Jump to content

Photo

Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!


  • Please log in to reply
1229 replies to this topic

#961 SexyCebuana

SexyCebuana
  • Newbie
  • 58 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 19, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Where are you flying from? December was going in to peak season so we decided on November instead. Were the flights/room rates decent?
 



#962 1Pris

1Pris
  • Newbie
  • 48 posts

    Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

    Originally Posted by SexyCebuana 

    Where are you flying from? December was going in to peak season so we decided on November instead. Were the flights/room rates decent?
     

    We will be flying from Dallas. The first week of December wasn't too bad for room rates and flights. We wanted to avoid the holiday peak season as well. I just can't wait and if it would of been up to me alone, I would have gotten married 6 months after our engagement! Congrats to you too! Where are you flying from?



    #963 Katie83

    Katie83
    • Newbie
    • 89 posts

      Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

      Hey ladies! I was wondering how heels will work for my bridesmaids for our gazebo wedding. They are concerned about sinking into the ground and are debating a wedge vs. heel. Any suggestions or recommendations??



      #964 TishaJules

      TishaJules
      • Newbie
      • 72 posts

        Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by SexyCebuana 

        My wedding is slowly creeping up and I must say I'm getting pretty EXCITED!!!!

        November 19, 2013 is the big day...any lovely brides to be getting married around then too?

         

        I'm right ahead of you!! October 12. I'm super excited but at the same time about to pass out. Airline prices are through the roof to Punta Cana. Any ideas anybody?

        #965 TishaJules

        TishaJules
        • Newbie
        • 72 posts

          Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Katie83 

          Hey ladies! I was wondering how heels will work for my bridesmaids for our gazebo wedding. They are concerned about sinking into the ground and are debating a wedge vs. heel. Any suggestions or recommendations??

           

          I had the same worry.. but I told me girls to grin and bare it cause I want them to wear heels. LOL. It's in the Gazebo so they should be fine and plus...I don't want anyone standing besides myself and my Fiance....they will walk in and then either stand to the side or sit down.

          #966 shortnsweet

          shortnsweet
          • Newbie
          • 18 posts

            Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

            Originally Posted by TishaJules 

             

            I'm right ahead of you!! October 12. I'm super excited but at the same time about to pass out. Airline prices are through the roof to Punta Cana. Any ideas anybody?

             

            Could you use US Airways?

             

            I just bought some 10% off gift cards from the Arizona Challenger Space Program.

             

            US Airways gave them gift cards to sell for fundraising. Because they are a charity I can deduct the money I spent to buy the cards from our taxes next yr. And, I bought them on a credit card that I earn hotel points on.



            #967 TishaJules

            TishaJules
            • Newbie
            • 72 posts

              Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by shortnsweet 

               

              Could you use US Airways?

               

              I just bought some 10% off gift cards from the Arizona Challenger Space Program.

               

              US Airways gave them gift cards to sell for fundraising. Because they are a charity I can deduct the money I spent to buy the cards from our taxes next yr. And, I bought them on a credit card that I earn hotel points on.

               

              I think we are open to use ANY airlines that give us the best price! LOL. My fiance works for Delta - but even with his perks..it's a little pricey. And i'm not taking any chances with waiting for a seat! I need to buy a ticket to make sure I get there! LOL. I'm going to definitely look into the US Airways thing. Thank you for that Idea! And anything that I can claim on my taxes will definitely help as well!

              #968 1Pris

              1Pris
              • Newbie
              • 48 posts

                Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

                Originally Posted by TishaJules 

                 

                I think we are open to use ANY airlines that give us the best price! LOL. My fiance works for Delta - but even with his perks..it's a little pricey. And i'm not taking any chances with waiting for a seat! I need to buy a ticket to make sure I get there! LOL. I'm going to definitely look into the US Airways thing. Thank you for that Idea! And anything that I can claim on my taxes will definitely help as well!

                I would assume that prices are extremely high because booking date and travel date are relatively close. Don't wait any longer girl! Book those tickets! I am getting married in Dec. and I booked in May, so if I were you, I wouldn't wait any longer! 

                Also, What is The Reserve? Isn't it the same resort as Paradisus Punta Cana?



                #969 TishaJules

                TishaJules
                • Newbie
                • 72 posts

                  Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by 1Pris 

                  I would assume that prices are extremely high because booking date and travel date are relatively close. Don't wait any longer girl! Book those tickets! I am getting married in Dec. and I booked in May, so if I were you, I wouldn't wait any longer! 

                  Also, What is The Reserve? Isn't it the same resort as Paradisus Punta Cana?

                   

                  We have actually been checking these flights for a while! Hoping they woudl go down...but they were holding steady. We are hoping and thinking they may drop a little before going up because some of the flights still have like 90 something seats available. But do believe I'm going to start purchasing! lol. Yes. It's the Reserve at the Paradisus Punta Cana. It's on their property..just seperated. Private pool and a few exclusive restaurants. Suppossed to be more privatized and little more expensive. Although now I wish I would have just had my guests book in the main hotel. All the action is down in the main hotel. They would have to walk or take one of the carts down. It's beautiful still.

                  #970 futurearlington

                  futurearlington
                  • Newbie
                  • 12 posts

                    Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TishaJules 

                     

                    We have actually been checking these flights for a while! Hoping they woudl go down...but they were holding steady. We are hoping and thinking they may drop a little before going up because some of the flights still have like 90 something seats available. But do believe I'm going to start purchasing! lol.Yes. It's the Reserve at the Paradisus Punta Cana. It's on their property..just seperated. Private pool and a few exclusive restaurants. Suppossed to be more privatized and little more expensive. Although now I wish I would have just had my guests book in the main hotel. All the action is down in the main hotel. They would have to walk or take one of the carts down. It's beautiful still.

                     

                    Oh my! I don't know how you do it!!! Our wedding is November 2, we booked our reservation & flights in January and sent out invites in February! I'd love to be someone who can leave things to the last minute but that is oh-so-not-me! Best wishes to you!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users