Photo

Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!

• Please log in to reply
1229 replies to this topic

#691 Denise Vasquez

Denise Vasquez
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by SimplenSweet 

Hey can accomodate an IPOD or CD and they have speakers... no DJ :)

Hi SimplenSweet,

I am getting married in Feb 2013 and was unable to visit the resort. Do you have pictures that you can share? My email is DV1016@gmail.com

Thanks! Denise

#692 ElegantChic

ElegantChic
    • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

Hello Everyone.

It's been a while since I've been on the site.  Glad to see all of the November brides are more comfortable with the resort and some of the challenges.  I, too, decided to forgo the DJ and will create a playlist on my IPOD for the wedding.  This is FREE!!!!!!  I decided to do my ceremony at the garden gazebo, cocktail hour at the beach and reception on the pool terrace.  My wedding is small and only about 35 ppl.  I'm getting more excited as the official countdown begins.  Has anyone had any luck with shipping things in advance, also, can anyone tell me how accessible bottle water is at the resort?  I have a few older relatives with health problems joining us and need to make sure their refrigeratiors stay stocked.

Wishing everyone a beautiful wedding and lifelong marriages.

#693 LoriOlivia

LoriOlivia
      • 35 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

Has anyone who has used pastor York (or another pastor) invited him to the reception itself?

Just trying to figure out what the right etiquette  is here?

Is it expected he has dinner?  Does he just leave after?

We booked him outside of the Romance Office.

#694 cdc150

cdc150
        • 332 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by LoriOlivia 

Has anyone who has used pastor York (or another pastor) invited him to the reception itself?

Just trying to figure out what the right etiquette  is here?

Is it expected he has dinner?  Does he just leave after?

We booked him outside of the Romance Office.

I used him, he gives a great ceremony!  He leaves right after the ceremony.   I booked him outside the office as well.   He gets there about 30 mins before start and leaves immediately after.  

#695 JennyAdele

JennyAdele
          • 150 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 2, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana
          • LocationDominican

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Oh my goodness...it took me days to read through this entire thread and I didn't skip a single post!! 

I'm glad I did though because I feel so much better about booking PPC!! Now it just comes down to $$

I've met with a travel agent who has given me group rates through several airlines, but because my desired wedding date is SO far off, a lot of pricing is not yet available. I'm going to look over costs for guests and for the wedding and make sure it is do-able! One thing I've realized after reading through this thread is that any add-on/alteration from the wedding packages adds up quickly! The $1000 outside photographer fee is unbelievable, and I'm wondering if anyone was able to get around it by paying for a room for your photog to make them a guest?? I know this was suggested, but I don't know if anyone has actually tried it??

My Fiance and I should decide over the next couple months, but I'm pretty confident this will be our resort! I'm so glad to have found this thread and to have all of you ladies for support throughout this process!!

Jenn

#696 SimplenSweet

SimplenSweet
          • 56 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

Hi Jenny! welcome!! I am actually flying in my own photographer for 3 days. I used the internet to run an add for photography services "in exchange" for giving them a 3 day vacation. I am flying my photographer down with everything included for $1200 for 3 nights...and in exchange she is willing to photographs the whole day, a trash the dress session, rights to all the photos, etc. 

My point is, it can be done as photographers from the US are interested in doing a destination wedding for their portfolio! My photographer was starting her own business so this was a huge draw for her. The way I look at it, I could have paid $800 to a DR photographer who would give me maybe 75 photographs, and 6 hours of their time...with basically not a lot to show for it. I am getting a whole photography package (usually my photographer charges $2400 base price for a wedding) for $1200..plus she gets a nice vaca! 

Because I listed her as a "friend", and am paying for her cocktail hour, I was not charged anything by PPC to use her :) I'm a happy girl!. 

#697 SexyCebuana

SexyCebuana
            • 58 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 19, 2013

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

I might do the same thing!! Haven't seen much of the Arrecife Studio...they're website doesn't have many pictures to go off of...

#698 SimplenSweet

SimplenSweet
            • 56 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

i didn't want to use them because you also couldn't choose your photographer! so if you're going for a certain "look" for your pics, you have no idea who you are going to get. it's a big gamble... and for me the choice was clear for me to bring my own photographer

#699 JennyAdele

JennyAdele
              • 150 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 2, 2014
              • LocationDominican

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by SimplenSweet 

Hi Jenny! welcome!! I am actually flying in my own photographer for 3 days. I used the internet to run an add for photography services "in exchange" for giving them a 3 day vacation. I am flying my photographer down with everything included for $1200 for 3 nights...and in exchange she is willing to photographs the whole day, a trash the dress session, rights to all the photos, etc. 

My point is, it can be done as photographers from the US are interested in doing a destination wedding for their portfolio! My photographer was starting her own business so this was a huge draw for her. The way I look at it, I could have paid $800 to a DR photographer who would give me maybe 75 photographs, and 6 hours of their time...with basically not a lot to show for it. I am getting a whole photography package (usually my photographer charges $2400 base price for a wedding) for $1200..plus she gets a nice vaca! 

Because I listed her as a "friend", and am paying for her cocktail hour, I was not charged anything by PPC to use her :) I'm a happy girl!. 

Thanks for the advice! I never would have thought to put an ad out like that! That worked out beautifully for you! Hopefully, I will have as much luck!!

Jenn

#700 leila29

leila29
              • Site Supporter
              • 13 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

Hey ladies!!!

I just got back from my wedding at PPC and all I can say is that it was SO MUCH more than I had expected or anticipated. The wedding coordinators onsight know exactly what they are doing and I can't thank them enough for a wonderful experience. If you all have any questions please feel free to ask and I will answer them the best I can. I will post a full review soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users