Photo

Room key holders a hit??

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 jszy10

jszy10
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:11 AM

I am trying to decide whether or not it is worth it to buy the supplies and make room key holders for my guests.  I was wondering if any previous brides here had any advice from their experiences??  I don't want to waste the time and money if they'll go unused?

#2 Brandy

Brandy
    • 2,628 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:49 AM

Great Question! Thanks for asking! I would like to know this as well...

#3 JanineA

JanineA
      • 2,482 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:54 AM

Here is a thread that may help answer that question ladies, as you'll see in the thread some of the ladies said they were big hits amongst their guests:

http://www.bestdesti...at-weren-t-used

#4 nsblum

nsblum
        • 58 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

One thing to be aware of. I got married in Turks & Caicos, and none of the room keys were those magnetic sliding key cards. They were all actual keys that you had to put inside a lock at my hotel. Some of my guests stayed next door at a cheaper hotel, and it was the same thing, actual keys, so keep that in mind. Sounds so cute though, but it wouldn't have worked for our wedding.

#5 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
          • 169 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:34 AM

I'd think even if you had actual keys, perhaps they might fit in the key card holders, plus, the holders are also good for holding credit cards and cash, so all would not be lost, in my opinion.

Iberostar Varadero
            25 March 2011
            Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#6 mrsgreene2011

mrsgreene2011
            • 307 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:40 AM

Thanks, I was wondering about these too. I think I am going to get them.

#7 nsblum

nsblum
              • 58 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

They weren't just loose keys, they were attached to a keychain that had the hotel name, etc. It was pretty bulky, it woud def not fit inside a key holder.

#8 JanineA

JanineA
                • 2,482 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:51 PM

Greaaaat! I am glad I read this thread so I will be selling all of my plastic key card holders......headed to the post my stuff for sale. 

One thing to be aware of. I got married in Turks & Caicos, and none of the room keys were those magnetic sliding key cards. They were all actual keys that you had to put inside a lock at my hotel. Some of my guests stayed next door at a cheaper hotel, and it was the same thing, actual keys, so keep that in mind. Sounds so cute though, but it wouldn't have worked for our wedding.

#9 jenngene2011

jenngene2011
                  • 128 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

Well I am still going to do them for my guests so they aren't carrying a wallet or a purse just for tips the entire time.  I am hoping the keys fit in mine but if they don't I think that they still would be able to attache the keys to holder by the ring  Just a thought. 

Jennifer & Eugene - May 7,2011 Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic

#10 Brandy

Brandy
                    • 2,628 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:13 AM

Its a good thing you found out Janine!  I may be interested in you key card holders, do you have pictures, what kind are they are how many do you have?

Originally Posted by JanineA 

Greaaaat! I am glad I read this thread so I will be selling all of my plastic key card holders......headed to the post my stuff for sale. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users