Photo

Boudoir Pic Album - Help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KRISTEN

KRISTEN
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:58 AM

I am seriously considering taking Boudoir pictures on October 6th. I am a little nervous but very excited! The photographer that I think I am going to use includes a coffee table book with her package. I am not sure if that is the book I want to use and it is weird but she does not have an actual book for me to look at only a picture.

For those of you that took boudoir pics, what type of book or album did you put your pics in for your husband? I am wondering what type of cover the book had and what were the dimensions of the book?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!
    Kristen

http://i189.photobuc....r/pic004-1.jpg
    Glenn and I at our Couple's Shower
    Nov. 3, 2007http://tickers.Ticke....9a03/event.png

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:20 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by KRISTEN
      I am seriously considering taking Boudoir pictures on October 6th. I am a little nervous but very excited! The photographer that I think I am going to use includes a coffee table book with her package. I am not sure if that is the book I want to use and it is weird but she does not have an actual book for me to look at only a picture.

For those of you that took boudoir pics, what type of book or album did you put your pics in for your husband? I am wondering what type of cover the book had and what were the dimensions of the book?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!
      Here's a link to my album.

Tami

It shows the cover/spine/back and the layout of the pages. Many girls have gotten nice leather covers, etc ... but I like this, as it suits Tom and I better. It's a 5x5 book.

#3 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
      • VIP Member
      • 2,861 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:40 AM

If you are crafty you could probablly save a ton of money doing the book yourself. Just an idea! I am not doing BD pics so I am not much help!

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:57 AM

my book was 8x8, and a solid black cover (leather, maybe?)

#5 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:09 PM

I made mine through SharedInk.
            Here are a couple pics:

Click the image to open in full size.

You also could make one easily through My Publisher- cheaper and arrives quicker.

Edited to add: I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear! lol My book was black linen, 12x16.

#6 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
            • 1,876 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:19 PM

I also ordered my book through shared ink. I think mine was 8x10 or somewhere around that size and it had a black linen cover and the photograph on the front looks like it was stuck on the front...does that make sense...anyway, here are a few pics.

My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
              Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#7 Mrs.Morley

Mrs.Morley
              • 259 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:32 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jessalyn
                I also ordered my book through shared ink. I think mine was 8x10 or somewhere around that size and it had a black linen cover and the photograph on the front looks like it was stuck on the front...does that make sense...anyway, here are a few pics.

Did you use the photographer or general subscription through sharedink? I like your book a ton!

#8 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                • 1,876 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

I used the general subscription. I did have to email the CEO...(he was super nice...he was the one who responded to my general inquiry question I submitted over their website) to inquire about full bleed printing (so it would print to the edge of the paper). He said that that feature is usually available only wiht the professional subscription, but that it wouldn't be a problem for him to convert my album to full bleeds. He even sent me a lengthy email with how to set up my pages in photoshop. He was very responsive and helpful.

hope that helps.
                  My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                  Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#9 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
                  • 550 posts
                  • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
                  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

I ended up using MyPublisher for mine, becuase of timing, I had to overnight it, and the templates were easy enough to use. I did the black leather cover & here are a few photos:

Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
                  June 23, 2007
                  Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
                  Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users