Photo

Why did you choose your date?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#51 Mandy

Mandy
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:57 AM

We're getting married on my parents' 31st anniversary and my brother's 2nd anniversary. We wanted to get married in May because that's when everyone could come, so we figured why not make this our little tradition? (Plus my parents were excited for the anniversary trip!)

#52 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
    • 2,183 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:24 PM

When we got engaged, he chose March and together we came up with the 22nd. We had a good feeling about that date.

#53 neen

neen
      • 633 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:32 PM

we chose january 17, 2009 because we wanted to get the hee-haw out of the cold winter weather and have our guest take advantage of a long weekend (its MLK weekend)

#54 lucy106

lucy106
        • 2,880 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:33 PM

We wanted about a year from when we started planning and the date was available. Otherwise, no reason!

#55 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
          • 4,881 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
          • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
          • LocationNew York

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

For us, it was about people's availability. Our nieces and nephews were out of school, and all the family could make it, so there you go...

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#56 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
          • VIP Member
          • 3,160 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:52 PM

Ours was the only date available...which just so happens to be ON Joe's b-day I rrrrreally didn't want that but Joe kept saying to do it it's no big deal, he would love it if it was on that day, blah-z-blah. I kept thinking that I wanted our anniversary to be on it's own day but after thinking it over, it's really no big deal See- it was starting to get to be a pain in the a** finding a date b/c the church and hall we wanted kept conflicting :o( Oh well, I hope I don't regret it. I'll have to surprise Joe with a bday cake that day.

#57 JennyK

JennyK
            • 3,502 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:19 PM

I chose February 14th not because it's Valentine's Day but bc I wanted February and a Saturday. It seemed like the best one bc it's President's Day weekend and my guests could stay a little longer if they wanted to.

#58 plumsugar

plumsugar
              • 175 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:47 AM

Our wedding date: May 3
                My Birthday: June 3
                His Birthday: March 3

So yeah...we chose it because it was easy to remember lol! Lucky #3!

Our Civil Ceremony is taking place April 21st, which is technically our anniversary date

#59 lscilley

lscilley
                • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:00 PM

We wanted November cause it is a cheaper month to travel but the day was just picked completely randomly.

#60 JODEY

JODEY
                  • 344 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

We are getting married 12th November 2009, no particulare reason, we wanted to go to Mexico in November and the first date that we could have was Friday 13th !! There was no way I was getting married on ths date, I'm not really supersticious but I didn't want to chance it so its now the 12th LOL !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users