Photo

Bride & Groom Picture Slide Show at Reception

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 texanna

texanna
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:26 PM

In the spirit of sharing.... my brother and sister both did a bride and groom slide show at their wedding receptions. Of course, we're planning one, too. It's set to music, and it runs about 8 minutes long. Part I shows pictures of the bride growing up -- from newborn to toddler to awkward teenage years and so on; Part II shows the groom growing up; and Part III shows special moments as a couple. We will also try to mix in pictures of all of our guests and family. For example, my to-be-mother-in-law found a great picture of my fiance and his best man when they were about 11, and I have some great pictures of my parents when they were young. We're doing ours in PowerPoint so nothing fancy or overly technical. All you need is a laptop and a projector. Most photographers and hotels have projectors you can rent out. Anyhow, it's always been my favorite part of the reception.

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:43 PM

this is a great idea!! if we didnt have a DW we would've done something like this...but our night was already jampacked enough, we could not have fit another thing in...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 KARLA

KARLA
    • 373 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:00 PM

We're doing this for our AHR in Austin. One of our family friends is putting it together. We can't wait to see the finished product... even though I'm sure my FI snuck in some super embarassing pics of me.

#4 HBBRIDE

HBBRIDE
      • 87 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:20 AM

We are having a slide show too...we are showing it at our welcome cocktail party the night before the wedding. I think it is a special touch to the event!
        Kristi

Kristi & MattHilton Los CabosApril 6, 2007www.joinkristiandmattincabo.com

#5 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:25 AM

Another great idea...now I just have to decide which of these great ideas I actually have time for!

#6 Jackie

Jackie
          • 2,290 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:47 AM

I love it when there is a slideshow at wedding receptions too. Great idea.
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#7 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
            • VIP Member
            • 931 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 08:12 AM

we're doing one too! My little brother has some experience in putting them together for a DJ friend of his. And My stepdad has a projector so I guess all we really need is a screen. I think we may do this on night #1 (Welcome Dinner) as well as a sort of get-to-know-you thing since we have so many different groups coming together for our wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users