Sign in to follow this  
laurenvuitton

Mexicana Airlines .... AHHHHHHHHHH

I swear I thought destination weddings are suppose to be "easier".  I have not been so lucky these past 8 months.  Now I find out Mexicana has filed bankruptcy.  As of right now, they have not canceled my guest airfare but it sounds like they are going to.  And yes they will get their full refunds, but by this point... airfare is expensive from Chicago to Cancun!  Anyone else freaking out about this Mexicana thing?

I have 64 guests coming to my wedding and the only two people who currently have flights with them is my fiance and I ... ugh.

I was told that we cannot change airfare yet.

I am totally freaking out right now, just found out mexicana has canceled all flights indefinately. I have 85 guests on mexicana :( my TA is away on vacation and I don't even know what to do right now. Does anyone know if our travel agency will have to get us on new flights or what happens now?

So my immediate family and FI's immediate family and my MOH are all on Mexicana. They are being told by the TA that they have to rebookon another airline and prices for that now since it's so much closer to the date, have doubled.

How were you able to switch your guests to American? Did you have to pay the fare difference?