Sign in to follow this  
rosieposie

Brazilian Blowout or Keratin Complex Hair Treatment?

my aunt just told me about her Brazilian- she had chocolate colored hair and it is turning her hair black (which looks fab but was not intended) She also has complained that each time she showers her towel is stained and her pillow cases are too. Her hair was very curly/ frizzy but now she can't keep a wave to save her life. She is very happy with it but she didn't expect her color change or the bleeding on her linens.

That's so weird!  I haven't heard that happen to anyone else, so I wonder what that's about.  I have blonde hair and get highlights and haven't had issues like that.  My SIL has dark hair and gets it colored, and I don't think she had problems.  They do say that the coloring should be done about 2 weeks prior to the BB, so I wonder if they were done too closely?  What does her hairdresser say?  She should def bring it up to them b/c it sounds like (to my non-professional ears!) something is not right.

I've never had the keratin, but have heard mostly good things.  The only thing that made me chose the BB over the keratin is that keratin changes the dna makeup of your hair (or whatever the proper terminology is) so that it grows out.  The BB wears off rather then growing out which gives a less obvious need for another treatment.

I had the keratin hair treatment about 2 months ago for the first time.  It took 5 hours!  and I don't even have really long hair.  The 3 days no washing sucked but its worth it.  My hair was so much more manageable and it takes about 2 minutes to style in the morning instead of about 20.  Now, as 2 months have gone by I can definitely see a difference - its not quite as silky but still so much better than before.  I'm curious to see how long it lasts before I have to go again but I'm guessing I'll be on the shorter end since I was my hair every day (which drives my hairstylist crazy!).

After the 3 days you can do anything - flat iron, curling iron, blow dry, etc.  I too checked on that beforehand since I like to curl my hair sometimes.

I had the keratin done less than a week after coloring (my hairstylist said color definitely has to come first) and had no issues.  He says he does at least one of the these treatments a week so I completely trust him.

I had the BB Express done my hair was well pass the middle of my back and it took about a hour or so to do I LOVED it my hair felt amazing and was pin straight.  My styling time was cut in half.  I got it done about 3 1/2 months ago (I think) and I recently cut my hair to my shoulders and it is still pretty straight.  I would highly recommend it.

I did not have any problem with my color either I have brown hair with blonde highlights I did not do  my color and BB in the same session my highlights actually looked better after BB.

I have fine hair and the BB worked great!.  My hair is already pretty straight, but I had to use a straightner for frizzies.  I got the BB in October and havent used a straightner since!

awesome! thansk!

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

I have fine hair and the BB worked great!.  My hair is already pretty straight, but I had to use a straightner for frizzies.  I got the BB in October and havent used a straightner since!

I'm not sure if the keratin hair treatment is the same as the Japanese permanent straightener, but it does take as long to do. I've been doing mine for about 3 years now, it takes pretty much a full year to grow out. I had it done last year before it fully grew out and there were parts of my hair that seemed to be over processed = frizzy = yuck. I am definitely waiting until it is all grown out this year. The amount of time I save in the morning is unbelievable, it has definitely changed my life. My hair is frizzy and course, not curly. I was able to leave the house with my hair dripping wet, and get to work and it was pin straight...perfect. But I do love the reviews of the BB, I will definitely check that out.

Originally Posted by skp1 View Post

I had the keratin hair treatment about 2 months ago for the first time.  It took 5 hours!  and I don't even have really long hair.  The 3 days no washing sucked but its worth it.  My hair was so much more manageable and it takes about 2 minutes to style in the morning instead of about 20.  Now, as 2 months have gone by I can definitely see a difference - its not quite as silky but still so much better than before.  I'm curious to see how long it lasts before I have to go again but I'm guessing I'll be on the shorter end since I was my hair every day (which drives my hairstylist crazy!).

After the 3 days you can do anything - flat iron, curling iron, blow dry, etc.  I too checked on that beforehand since I like to curl my hair sometimes.

I had the keratin done less than a week after coloring (my hairstylist said color definitely has to come first) and had no issues.  He says he does at least one of the these treatments a week so I completely trust him.