Rushed wedding.. please help!

SHeeMz

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by SHeeMz View Post

ajpinak, that's awesome! When is your wedding? Congrats on your wedding dress! I know how you must've felt. I felt the same way when I went wedding dress shopping and found how long it actually takes if you don't purchase a dress off the rack! I was a mess! But luckily, found something that both my fiance and I loved, and purchased it right on the spot! 

I'm thinking of going with norasphotos for photography as suggested by a couple brides from this forum. she does amazing work, as well, and would be soo happy if she gives us a green signal on everything we want. Are you going with a videographer? How many people are going to be at your wedding? I still need to find a place where we can have dinner. The reception route sounds too expensive for us. We are planning on a reception in California when we get back 1-2 months later so all the people who could not attend the wedding could be there for the reception.

Please keep me in the loop if you find a great place to stay at. Were you thinking hotel/resort/condo? There is soo much to plan! 

Thanks!  Our wedding is October 27th.  I haven't gotten a videographer yet but I'm worried if I don't, I'll regret it.  Precious Maui offers non-edited coverage for $300 so I might do that.  I'm expecting 20-30 people but I'm not really sure.  Most of that is my fiance's family. 

I am really torn about accomodations!  There are so many places.  I am hoping to find a condo building that has various options on prices and numbers of bedrooms.  Having a common meeting area for bbq would be great too.  Kihei is definitely more affordable than Wailea. 

I know I'm kind of late to post on here but I'm getting married on Maui June of 2011. I'm using Lori Lawrence of Tropical Maui Weddings. Definitely check VRBO and Homeaway for condo's to stay in. I have used both for multiple trips to Maui and have never been disappointed! That will save you big $$$$ and that way you can cook food throughout the time your there which will also save money. Good luck!

Im using a Paradise dream wedding and they have a ton of photo and video packages because the owner is a photographer.

If you go on vrbo.com there are hundreds of condos to choose from, and lots of nice ones in Kihei. We are staying in the Maui Vista, its a 2 min walk to the beach and really good prices. and outdoor bbqs which will be good for when all our family and friends meet up in the evenings.

I'm late to post this, but hopefully it can help!

Have you booked your travel yet? Alaska Air was having a sale to Maui! They might still be having it, I see you are in Alameda, I did a bunch of research for my SIL leaving out of the Oakland airport and the prices were like $149 one way...but that sale might be over.

I'm also using Deanne, and she's been great! I did a lot of research and her prices I thought were the most competitive for what you get. And I'm pretty sure you can ask for a CD of your prints from your photographer for a little extra cost. I heard like $120 for all the pics?  

We are having our reception dinner at Leilani's on the Beach for about 35 people and the event planner there Kako has been sooooo helpful too. They are very accomodating, not charging for any extras and their menu prices for large partys are very competitive! Its a more casual environment though, not sure what you're looking for.

And I also know people in our party have booked at www.vrbo.com for much cheaper then other places. I also think the Wailea or Kihie area is a lot cheaper to stay then Lahaina.

All in all, including our travel, attire, and EVERYTHING else we're only going to end up spending about $7000.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies,

I know I'm a little late to respond, but thanks for all the recommendations. We decided to go with Sugar Beach Resort condos in Kihei. Since we're there for 10 days, we get a discount for $123 for 1 bedroom/1 bath oceanfront condo. Pretty awesome. Got our wedding party/guests staying there too.

Booked our tickets 4 days before the prices dropped significantly on Hawaiianair. That was a bummer, but oh well. 

Attegirl, $7000 for everything? that's amazing. Including reception dinner for 35 guests?? 

Originally Posted by SHeeMz View Post

Hi ladies,

I know I'm a little late to respond, but thanks for all the recommendations. We decided to go with Sugar Beach Resort condos in Kihei. Since we're there for 10 days, we get a discount for $123 for 1 bedroom/1 bath oceanfront condo. Pretty awesome. Got our wedding party/guests staying there too.

Booked our tickets 4 days before the prices dropped significantly on Hawaiianair. That was a bummer, but oh well. 

Attegirl, $7000 for everything? that's amazing. Including reception dinner for 35 guests?? 

I just looked at my running budget again and with everything i've purchased so far, coordination fees, travel cost, etc etc and reception dinner estimate for 30 people so far my grand total is $6800. I know that will go up closer to my event I'm sure because I still have to buy gifts and favors and a few other things but my ultimate goal was to stay under $8000. So far I might hit that goal yay!

• 1 month later...

I used Precious Maui Weddings they were great.  The package I picked included photo and video.  Deanne is great any concerns she will get back to you in a day or less.  I had a wedding group total of 18 and I came to about 7k ceremony and reception dinner.  That total includes pictures, video, dinner, transportation to and from lookout point for or guest, flowers, bamboo wedding arch, wedding cake, site fee, guitarist, priest, and a lot more.  Talk to Deanne she can customize things for you.