Sign in to follow this  
SHeeMz

Rushed wedding.. please help!

Hi everyone,

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, my fiance and I had to move our wedding date to this year instead of planning for the next year, and that too, in TWO months (this October)! I'm completely stressed to say the least and don't know where to begin!

We're also on a budget (close to 7-8K), but definitely want a Maui wedding! It will be a very small wedding, most likely with 10 people or less.

I was thinking of getting a wedding package, most likely Precious Maui Weddings. I definitely want a photographer and a videographer there, and as I understand, these two services are the most expensive services in the package. 

Can anyone give me an insight on where to stay for cheap? Would honeymoon packages be cheaper? I would, of course, prefer an oceanfront location, but I'm willing to sacrifice the oceanfront view if that will significantly reduce the cost. 

I would appreciate any advice to reduce costs for our wedding and our stay out there. Please HELP! :)

Oh dear, sorry I'm also getting married in Mexico, so won't be that helpful.

I just can say: don't worry! everything will be ok, the important thing is that you will be married to the love of your life! so I know it will be stressing but try to enjoy! cheesy.gif

we are renting condos. and this one is a great deal, although it is a two bedroom.

http://www.vrbo.com/40374

their pictures are better on their own website

http://rentonmaui.com/See%20our%20unit.htm

we rent it for our parents, and family, and we rent it for $150, and it seems the price is $125 now :(

and we'll be staying in another condo in the same building.

http://www.vrbo.com/205628

Generally this area has lots of condos for rent, and prices is very good, view is very nice too.

If you want hotel, then this one Maui coast hotel seem to have very reasonable price, and the pictures look very nice too.

http://www.mauicoasthotel.com/

hope this help.

We're staying at the Aston Kaanapali Shores this October and we got a good rate. I'm also using Deanne from Precious Maui weddings and she has been great. Do you want to get married on the beach? From what I have been told all of the beaches are public and you can get married on them but if another wedding is taking place you'll have to wait until its done to have yours.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I will definitely look into it and see what fits our needs. Appreciate all your help!

We really wanted our wedding to take place on 10.10.10, but I guess that's a very popular date to get married on and cannot find anyone to fit us in their schedule at such a short notice. I am flexible with doing it on the 9th or the 11th, but my fiance had his heart set on the 10th, and is really bummed now. Maybe I should look into another island? I really had my heart set on getting Maui'd though! Shucks, time is running out and there is so much to plan!

My fiance bought me such a pretty bridal necklace yesterday though! That's probably the only thing we have covered out of the 1000 things we have to do. We're going dress shopping tomorrow. Don't mean to sound cheap, but I hope to find something under $500. I don't care about designer dresses; I'm only going to wear it once in my life, so I just want something that's simple, yet elegant. 

You may want to look at getting a knock off dress online. You can get a really nice one for under $500 no problem. There is even a thread about knock off dresses. You should check it out.

I hope you found your wedding dress im sure you will of found something perfect for a Hawaian wedding.If you search for Sherry a fellow member she posted some fab condos. when we were planning our wedding we were going to use the condo they called the hideaway however we are getting married in Greece now so i cant use it.I did keep the details in my favourites but a virus mucked the computer up and i lost everything.

I think along with vegas Hawai offers the most straight forward route to planning a wedding you can do it.Im a little envious just couldnt leave all our family behind.One day we will go to Hawaii and renew our vows wink.gif

I hope you found your wedding dress.  Are there any other things that you need help with, if you post them, you could have an army of brides with suggestions!  Haha.  

Congrats and best wishes with your plans! I'm a true believer in "where there's a will, there's a way". You can definitely plan a wedding in 2 months, provided you leave Bridezilla at the door, lol!! Do check out the Hawaii forum where you will no doubt find lots of helpful information and advice. Good luck!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi! I'm from the US (but I've been to the UK 6x- my finance says i'm not allowed to move there! lol) Many resort lines don't offer something like the dress rehearsal, which I think is crazy! It's such a smart idea!  Having been to Mexico so much, I find it so much more comfortable- Yes there are dangers but I don't find it any worse than Philly or NY. It is a country that gets SO MUCH money from the service industry- it literally benefits no one to mess with tourists. Your tip money at the bar is feeding someones family. Not that the DR is any different in that it relies on tourist $, but the vibe is just totally different.  In the DR, they were really very serious about us not leaving the resorts (we did- I don't believe in staying on resorts lol). Once off, we realized why. Now, full disclosure, we went right after the 2010 earthquake, so this was a) some time ago and b) right after a natural disaster. Once we left we just felt immediately uncomfortable. (We even saw a man approaching a goat with  a large gun and the Taxi driver seemed nervous and sped away- poor goat!) I find in Mexico everyone is SO respectful- in the DR I had guys make lewd comments (both from those off the resort, and more disturbingly from workers at the resort), grabbing at me, just generally super disrespectful and not at all comforting. My dad had to kick the room service guy out of our room bc he refused to leave when we asked!  This could have been completely isolated to the staff at our specific resort, but it definitely happened off resort as well. A la Anthony Bourdain, I have always considered myself a traveller, not a tourist, so I have zero interest in staying on a resort the entire time (really I'm not in love with resorts period lol), so for me, if I can't go off resort safely, what business do I have being there at all? Also they  made be throw out my coffee before I got on the plane- the coffee I got at the food court at the gate. I'm holding that grudge LOL. A long story short- it's not on my list of returns. I can honestly say that I'm not sure I would accept an invitation to a wedding in the DR- I think I'd rather save that money and go to Mexico! (or the UK, or Iceland, or just Europe in general lol)  I don't regret going, but I'd sooner go to Mexico if I'm looking for a beach!  That's just me- millions of people go there and have a great time! I guess it really comes down to what type of traveller you are (are you okay with being on a resort and just leaving for excursions)!
    • Hello, thank you so much for this it’s all very helpful.. are you from the UK OR US? ive never been and I probably won’t visit the destination until I get married! Oh my gosh I have looked at your resort it is beautiful!! my family have been to the Dominican.. can I ask why you didn’t find it as safe?   Thanks again 
    • Hi! Well, I stumbled on this forum, and then when I realized it was run by a travel agency (while being really impartial- the fact that there are reviews for OTHER agencies was a good sign!) I didn't look any further! Their website, where you can fill out a contact form:  https://www.wrighttravelagency.com/ Babs actually sent me an email on a Sunday (she had been out of the office on Friday) so that's how we started- I was so impressed right off the bat! You may not get Babs, but I can only imagine that the entire office is amazing! We're getting married at Azul Riveria Cancun (formerly Sensatori). We chose it because we have kids coming. We actually just went down for the Brides Dress Rehearsal (A really cool program Karisma Resorts do, where they give you a special price/couple to go down and check out some resorts, meet wedding planners and vendors etcetc- it's great having never been there to leave knowing and seeing it all- http://www.memorablemomentsweddings.com/Memorable-Moments-Weddings-Dress_Rehearsal.cfm) I'm pretty laid back- it's Mexico. Where ever you are, how ever it's decorated, whatever the weather is- it's going to be gorgeous. I wanted a destination wedding so that I could not worry about things! It will be what it will be- and regardless of what it is, MEXICO! lol I did just see a post about travel guidelines for the DR (Below). Just something to consider, it seems really restrictive! Have you been to the DR? I'm struggling at the moment with people who are afraid to travel to Mexico, which I've always found funny because I've been 6 times and I'm still alive! AND only 3 of those times were on resorts! I felt the least safe of all my travels in the DR, so it's just something that I like to mention!
    • Hello, oh thank you that’s great, how can I come across her details? where are you getting married and how have you found planning so far? 
    • I've had nothing but an amazing experience with my TA, Barbara (Babs) Vong- she actually works for Wright Travel Agency- the ones that run this forum! I'd suggest reaching out to them first- they're the experts!   My wedding is in February of 2020, and we started planning around August 2018, for what it's worth on a timeline.
  • Topics