Photo

What are you (or did you) Giving Your Fiance for a Wedding Present?

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#31 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:26 PM

Are any of us traditional? We are skipping town and running to a different country to exchange vows!

I love gift giving. I think it's my inherent trait of spending more money than I have. Thanks MOM. You taught me well.

Anyone need a personal shopper?
    Happily married since 2008

#32 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:47 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Waiting_for_Sunshine
      Are any of us traditional? We are skipping town and running to a different country to exchange vows!

I love gift giving. I think it's my inherent trait of spending more money than I have. Thanks MOM. You taught me well.

Anyone need a personal shopper?
      Rachel - i will send you my address right now - i'd hate for you to waste a god-given talent!

#33 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:11 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by akh
        Rachel - i will send you my address right now - i'd hate for you to waste a god-given talent!
        Or your credit card Ann. The internet works wonders too!
        Happily married since 2008

#34 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:30 PM

oh, well that's not nearly as much fun if I have to give you my cc! lol

#35 mkdela

mkdela
          • 82 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:34 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by naughie
            keith collects watches, so i thought about that, but the watches that he wants are a few thousand $$$ and i can't afford that...so i'm thinking a really good watch winder (like $1k) or this driving experience that he's talked about (but apparently i wasn't listening) - not the nascar one, it's like ferrari or something.

did anyone get their FI an engagement present after you got the ring?
            I did...He is also a watch lover and I got him a watch as an engagement gift a few weeks after I got the ring...
            KATHLEEN & COURTNEY 3/1/08

#36 Golden

Golden
            • 354 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:38 PM

I am thinking about a David Yurman braclet, since he like mine so much

#37 Shelley

Shelley
              • 169 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:41 PM

I really strugged with this too b/c he's also one of those guys who just buys something when he wants it. The only thing he really wants but doesn't have is a big fancy T.V. which I can't afford right now. I didn't really think BD pics were me (maybe b/c I didn't lose those last 5 pounds, I don't know) so I decided to go with tickets to see his favorite football team.

#38 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
                • VIP Member
                • 3,405 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

I'm going to drop it like it's hot for some BD pics.....

I'm actually more excited to do it for myself than for him.....but I know he will absolutely flip! I think I'm a wannabee model/stripper inside a 5'3" college educated body...... it's nice to dream.......

The cost of this photo shoot is really adding up though......I think I've spent about 300 bucks on lingere and shoes....thats not even including my hair and makeup and the swanky hotel and "sitting fee." Oh and also add in the gigantic ice cream sundae and french fries I"ll be eating when it's all over with! Working my butt off to get in shape for these pics has left me a bit crazy!

#39 calyx6

calyx6
                  • 160 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:52 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Julesr

I do not want to do the boudoir pictures because what does he do with them after? Keep them in a photoalbum that he can't show anyone? I am just a little confused about that part, so while I think they look amazing, I don't think its really practical or something he will really care about.
                    I gave my DH a nicely framed B-picture when he went away on business for several months. When he came home, he kept it on his desk. Now that we have moved and the office doubles as a guest room, we just have to remember to hide the pict when people come over to stay. As much as he says he doesn't understand why B-picts are such big things as wedding presents, he did enjoy the one I gave him. And I think he likes knowing that I did that for him.

-V-
                    Tulum - November 3, 2007

#40 Alyssa

Alyssa
                    • 11,793 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:33 PM

ok so i have been sitting back and watching this thread develop and i think i came up with the PERFECT wedding present for FI!!!

I am definitley going to do the B-Pics BUT i want to try to pull off (not sure how yet) doing them with an Eagles theme (yes - football). i am going to try to get access to the Stadium and maybe locker room and an Eagles cheerleader outfit (again - have no idea how yet but have some time to work on this)

He is such an Eagles fan - i think he will FREAK OUT!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users