Photo

Did you customize your OOT bags?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lsjhik

lsjhik
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

So we have about 50 guests (25 bags) and a wedding in the U.S. (no customs, etc.)

We have some vegans...drinkers...mormons...DIVERSE.

Did you customize each bag or keep them generic?

#2 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
    • 1,098 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

We didn't customize them -- everyone got the same stuff. Other than for children, or may-be your wedding party, I don't really see the need to do anything different.
      Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
      Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
      http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
      Leftover Wedding Items FS:
      http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#3 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
      • 2,727 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:42 PM

Definitely keep the bags generic...you dont want to put something in someones bag and have someone else see it and want to know why they didnt get that as well, they might think that you forgot about them or worse...but just my opinion.
        He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
        My Planning Thread

#4 jk1101

jk1101
        • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:10 PM

Definitely generic - everybody got exactly the same thing - it's a lot of work to put them together (although a labor of LOVE for sure!!!!)
          Once you start customizing for people's tastes or preferences...you will make yourself crazy way more than you need to!

#5 hat0112

hat0112
          • 1,219 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:11 PM

Don't customize the bags. It will turn into a HUGE project. You can just give everyone the same thing and the guests might even trade things. I know my guests will do that. One of the things we put in the bags is 5 different mini liquor bottles and some people don’t drink and they will trade for the snacks (as they already told me) and the drinkers will trade for the bottles they really like). And everyone wins that way.
            Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#6 lsjhik

lsjhik
            • 157 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:45 PM

Thanks for the great advice. I think I'll do generic and then for the mormon couples I'll omit the airplane alcohol bottles (they won't mind!)

#7 msjulie5475

msjulie5475
              • 528 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:49 PM

Good idea to keep generic.

#8 dstinationdrmr

dstinationdrmr
                • 309 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:55 AM

Everything in our bags will be generic too. We are however personalizing the actual bag. Each one will have the monogram of the person's last initial. If you were wanting to do something like that instead of changing around what's IN the bag that may be easier.

#9 JanineA

JanineA
                  • 2,482 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:59 AM

I bought the same things for everyone. The bridesmaids and groomsmen do have "thank you" gifts in theirs and a few different items but all the guests have the same bags.

#10 nessa0308

nessa0308
                    • 233 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

I'm making mine generic, but I'm putting everyone's favorite mini alcohol's in their bags. That's the only personal touch I'm doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users