Sign in to follow this  
lsjhik

Did you customize your OOT bags?

So we have about 50 guests (25 bags) and a wedding in the U.S. (no customs, etc.)

We have some vegans...drinkers...mormons...DIVERSE.

Did you customize each bag or keep them generic?

Definitely keep the bags generic...you dont want to put something in someones bag and have someone else see it and want to know why they didnt get that as well, they might think that you forgot about them or worse...but just my opinion.

Definitely generic - everybody got exactly the same thing - it's a lot of work to put them together (although a labor of LOVE for sure!!!!)

Once you start customizing for people's tastes or preferences...you will make yourself crazy way more than you need to!

Don't customize the bags. It will turn into a HUGE project. You can just give everyone the same thing and the guests might even trade things. I know my guests will do that. One of the things we put in the bags is 5 different mini liquor bottles and some people don’t drink and they will trade for the snacks (as they already told me) and the drinkers will trade for the bottles they really like). And everyone wins that way.

Thanks for the great advice. I think I'll do generic and then for the mormon couples I'll omit the airplane alcohol bottles (they won't mind!)

Everything in our bags will be generic too. We are however personalizing the actual bag. Each one will have the monogram of the person's last initial. If you were wanting to do something like that instead of changing around what's IN the bag that may be easier.

I bought the same things for everyone. The bridesmaids and groomsmen do have "thank you" gifts in theirs and a few different items but all the guests have the same bags.