Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#441 Lasallebabe

Lasallebabe
  • Site Supporter
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

Welcome to all the newbies! I remember how exciting it was to start on this journey a year ago...I was so pumped and couldn't fill my head with enough ideas and information. My wedding is in 2 1/2 weeks and so I am pretty much done. I'm not sure how to "bump" an old thread so thought I would just post a few comments/suggestions based on my experience to help make your planning somewhat easier.

1) First off there are all sorts of fabulous templates on this site which you can't access unless you submit XX number of postings. I by passed that all togethe and put out the $30 ?? right way so I could have immediate access (no, I don't work for this site LOL).

2) Sign up with Michaels and Vistaprint to get on their mailing lists for special offers....you'll be amazed at the savings if you plan it right.

3) Keep an eye on Etsy and Ebay...lots of great stuff come up on there.

4) If you have to order something in bulk for from the US---try and see if you can get a couple of ladies to go in with you on certain items...savings are good!

Enjoy exploring this site ladies....you will have a blast.

#442 Glam-Girl

Glam-Girl
    • 10 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

Ahhhh finally someone from the West!  It seems like everyone is from the East and is getting married in Jamaica.  We plan on eloping next fall so it looks like it will have to be somewhere in the Pacific, Fiji, Cook Islands, Bora Bora or Maui! 

Lasallebae, where are you getting married?  Any helpful hints on picking a destination? 

Argh I wish it's was such a run around in Thialand to get married!  We are off to South East Asia after Christmas and we could kill two birds with one stone

#443 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
      • 1,748 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:50 AM

Why not do a symbolic ceremony and do a legal canadian marriage!  No one needs to know and you get the tropical wedding without all the legal run around 

Originally Posted by Glam-Girl 

Ahhhh finally someone from the West!  It seems like everyone is from the East and is getting married in Jamaica.  We plan on eloping next fall so it looks like it will have to be somewhere in the Pacific, Fiji, Cook Islands, Bora Bora or Maui! 

Lasallebae, where are you getting married?  Any helpful hints on picking a destination? 

Argh I wish it's was such a run around in Thialand to get married!  We are off to South East Asia after Christmas and we could kill two birds with one stone

#444 Peach

Peach
        • 1,293 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

We're out west too - southern Alberta. We are still going to the Dominican though - it is just a stop over in Toronto. Go where you want!

Originally Posted by Glam-Girl 

#445 butterflykisses

butterflykisses
          • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:37 AM

Awesome I just booked my wedding for Cuba.  At Breezes Varadero in February on the 14th.  Good luck!!!

#446 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
            • 191 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:35 AM

Congrats and Welcome! A V-Day wedding eh? Very cute!

Originally Posted by butterflykisses 

Awesome I just booked my wedding for Cuba.  At Breezes Varadero in February on the 14th.  Good luck!!!

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

#447 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
              • 1,252 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

alright ladies... so im on the hunt for flowers, what im looking for is apple green calla lillies fake of course....... but i have looked for what seems like forever and i cant find anything...these will be used for my TTD pictures. Im adding peacock feathers and black feathers to it... but cant find the actual green flowers!!!!!!! does anyone know where i could find them???

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#448 kat2012

kat2012
                • 602 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

First thing that comes to mind is Michaels, have u looked there?

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

alright ladies... so im on the hunt for flowers, what im looking for is apple green calla lillies fake of course....... but i have looked for what seems like forever and i cant find anything...these will be used for my TTD pictures. Im adding peacock feathers and black feathers to it... but cant find the actual green flowers!!!!!!! does anyone know where i could find them???

#449 Peach

Peach
                  • 1,293 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

You could also try etsy, I think everything is there!

#450 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                    • 1,748 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

I have also seen them at michaels Leigh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users