Photo

Six Months Exactly!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 islandbride317

islandbride317
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

Whew! Even though I don't want to freak you out....you need to go get a dress ASAP, girl!!

Just kidding, but seriously keep in mind that some private/non-chain bridal salons (if you're going that route, that is) need atleast 6 months to order your gown, and then when it arrives, you need to allow time for any alterations that might be necessary, so get to shopping, sweetie! I just don't want you to be any more stressed than necessary in the 11th hour

GOOD LUCK and be sure to post LOTS of pics of your bridal gown shopping adventures in the "Wedding Attire" section -- we *heart* photos!!

And congrats on your 5 year Anniversary....even though my husband and I just got married 2 months ago, we'll also be together for 5 years coming up this July 20th!

#12 miss_delerium

miss_delerium
    • 543 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:49 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by islandbride317
      Whew! Even though I don't want to freak you out....you need to go get a dress ASAP, girl!!

Just kidding, but seriously keep in mind that some private/non-chain bridal salons (if you're going that route, that is) need atleast 6 months to order your gown, and then when it arrives, you need to allow time for any alterations that might be necessary, so get to shopping, sweetie!
      I know! I've just been putting it off for two reasons:
      1) I HATE shopping (I know, I know, I'm a disgrace to the gender)
      2) I didn't really enjoy dress shopping the first time I was engaged, and haven't really been looking forward to doing it again...but maybe that's because deep down I knew he wasn't the one for me (the first time around)
      Oh..and 3) REEEALLY wanted to lose some weight (hahaha who doesn't right?)

#13 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
      • 1,098 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:07 PM

Good luck with the dress shopping! You have so many options, so don't stress about it! If you can't find a dress in a store, you will undoubtedly find one online, or even a resale from a BDW bride!
        Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
        Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
        http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
        Leftover Wedding Items FS:
        http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#14 janapana

janapana
        • 591 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by miss_delerium
          Yay! Now we can stress together about the diminishing time frame to plan! My goal is to have the invites in the mail by the end of this week! I hit a snag in their production that's set me back. Grrrr...
          I've only just ordered our invitations, but everyone who's coming has booked, so the invites are just a formality.... at least that's what i keep telling myself!

#15 Mel2010

Mel2010
          • 219 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

I'm sure you will find that dress soon. And don't stress about loosing weight, no matter what you will look absolutely gorgeous in that dress. :)

Happy Anniversary too!!

#16 miss_delerium

miss_delerium
            • 543 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by janapana
              I've only just ordered our invitations, but everyone who's coming has booked, so the invites are just a formality.... at least that's what i keep telling myself!
              Haha...now I don't feel so bad
              I'm sure you will find that dress soon. And don't stress about loosing weight, no matter what you will look absolutely gorgeous in that dress. :)
              Awww...thanks.

#17 janapana

janapana
              • 591 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

ah you couldn't be any more behind than i am! the summer is really busy in spain so i'm planning on sorting everything out in september/ october and as long as we've all got something to wear and the rings, the rest will get sorted once i'm there!!!!!

#18 msjulie5475

msjulie5475
                • 528 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:32 AM

Congrats and enjoy finding your dress. Please post pics once you get it.

#19 Dreams2011

Dreams2011
                  • 105 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:16 PM

miss_delerium...I'm new to this forum and see you're getting married in January at Dreams PV. I'm getting married that month too. How are the plans coming along? I'm waiting to hear back from Rebeca, but it's a little slow going at times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users