Looking for Information

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Treasa

• 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

Hi. I am planning a destination wedding for January of 2012. I am looking for ideas as well as experiences of those that have already had a destination wedding. I prefer the Carribean and I am leaning toward an all inclusive resort. My first question is "How many months ahead should I plan to book a resort?"

#2 Kendall

• 234 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:36 AM

Welcome! :) We planned our destination wedding in Turks & Caicos (Beaches Resort) 12 months before our wedding (which is in May 2011) and I know there were some other weddings planned around that time already -- so it can't hurt to find where you want to go and book at least the date and wedding time now. When we booked, we had to put a deposit down.

#3 Shoesiesluvr

• 2,727 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:43 AM

Welcome Treasa...umm lets see, we booked our resort 10 months before our wedding...we prob would have done it wayy before that but we had originally planned to get married at home in 2011 but decided to have a DW and move the wedding up a year!
        He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
        My Planning Thread

#4 Natie1971

• 342 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:54 AM

Congrats and welcome!!! We booked our DW resort approx 9 months before the wedding.

#5 tracy0716

• 431 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:15 AM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your engagement! We're getting married in the Dominican Republic and booked our wedding about 10-11 months beforehand. I think if you're flexible about your date and really organized you can do it in less time but most of us wanted to give our guests enough time to save up for the trip. Good luck and enjoy your planning!

#6 msmarmar123

• 747 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

Welcome!! I'm pretty new too and this has been sooooo helpful. Congratulations :)

I'm not getting married until February 2012 in Mexico...but I already put a deposit on the wedding date...haven't booked our room or been able to do too much else...but I wanted to make sure to get the date and place I wanted.

#7 DmitryYakunin

• 227 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

Congruatulations and happy planning!

#8 dee2010

• 9 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:07 PM

welcome, i am looking to book moon palace mexico in sep 2012 i no its a fair bit away but i like to plan in advance get as but infromation as i can. happy planning!!

#9 Brandy

• 2,628 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

Congratulations Treasa & Welcome to the forum! Happy Planning!! Where at in maryland are you from? We booked our wedding in Turks & Caicos 10 months before our wedding (booked in June, and getting married next April) But there was also only one time slot left for that day so I would reccommend at least a year in advance to reserve your spot/time wherever you decide.

#10 BachataBride

• Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:44 AM

Welcome to the greatest forum EVER!!! You will find everything you need to know about planning a DW & then some right here!! How long you book before your wedding really depends on how flexible you are. If you are set on a certain resort on a certain day at a certain time you should book sooner. Plus the longer notice you give your guests the longer they have to save money to go with you! (Or procrastinate in letting you know whether they are going or not...as most of us can attest to!!) There is a thread here that lists "things you should know before planning a DW" or something like that...search for it...it's a huge eye opener!! Also, keep in mind, some resorts have different requirements for getting married so check their policies for any time constraints. Although if you keep it 12-9 months you should have no problems!!!

Good luck & happy planning!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users