Photo

Very Cost Effective and Simple Invitations

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
  • 433 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:17 PM

For those of you on a very strict budget and are looking for very, very simple invitations, I could get 40 of these sets for $40.95 (includes S&H). The set includes the invitation with matching envelope, matching reception card, and response card with envelope. Do you like these or are they too simple?

Colored Palm Tree Wedding Invitation Set - (item 120054593126 end time Aug-14-07 21:14:51 PDT)

#2 Lizzy

Lizzy
    • 501 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:21 PM

I really like them. They are simple but classy. Good choice! I would jump on it!!
      For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#3 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:31 PM

they are nice, and I'm all about simple invites.

but honestly....I could make them for you for half the price! seriously, you can make these for MUCH less than what they're charging. It's just laser jet printed onto cardstock paper. If you have a good printer, the only cost you'd have is the paper.
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#4 Debs

Debs
        • VIP Member
        • 7,104 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:08 AM

But where would you buy paper like that if you were going to do it yourself? I like those :o)

#5 AmyInMI

AmyInMI
          • 547 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:45 AM

You can buy card stock at many local places (ie. staples, office max, craft stores, ect). You would just have to cut out the invites and cards.
            http://i77.photobuck....nsetkiss-1.jpg
            Amy & Aaron
            May 10, 2008
            Dreams Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico

#6 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
            • 433 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:04 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Heidi
              they are nice, and I'm all about simple invites.

but honestly....I could make them for you for half the price! seriously, you can make these for MUCH less than what they're charging. It's just laser jet printed onto cardstock paper. If you have a good printer, the only cost you'd have is the paper.
              Heidi, are you offering? :-) I did think that I would be able to make them myself, but I am SO artistically challenged and I have no patience. I might be able to do the invites, but what about the response cards? That seems too difficult for me to do!

#7 Heidi

Heidi
              • 2,642 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jfwolfe72
                Heidi, are you offering? :-) I did think that I would be able to make them myself, but I am SO artistically challenged and I have no patience. I might be able to do the invites, but what about the response cards? That seems too difficult for me to do!
                Response cards would just involve measuring & cutting. I could offer, as soon as I finish mine! :) haha
                Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#8 dallas_texas09

dallas_texas09
                • 113 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:02 PM

You can buy pre-cut response cards. I like this site: Paper Source - Do Something Creative Every Day - spend $100 or more and receive free shipping. They come in different colors too so you can match it to your wedding color(s).

#9 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
                  • 433 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:05 PM

Now I'm going to have to look into this whole DIY thing if you girls make it sound so easy.....thanks! (I think) :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users