Discountmugs.com price raise??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jackie_c

• 431 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:47 AM

Arrrgh, I've been waiting for FI for the last 2 days to help me pick out a final mug design for our guests, and is it just me or did the prices sky rocket since yesterday??

My mug order is coming out about $50 higher no matter which one I choose and for such a small order it's working out to over $10 a cup. I'll probably still do this for my guests but it's frustrating how expensive it's getting.

I knew I shoulda ordered them yesterday *grumble grumble*

#2 TanyonL

• 166 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:41 PM

Hi jackie_c. I know they were having a big sale but I think it might be over. Maybe sign up for the email list and wait for the next sale...That is, if you have that kind of time.

#3 ~Angela~

• 4,172 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:58 PM

Or, try the code and it might just work even if the sale is over! I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago. A sale had just ended but I tried the promo code anyway and it worked!!!! :) Good luck! Your guests will love them!

#4 jackie_c

• 431 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:09 AM

Thanks ladies, there are still promocodes available (I think right now "discount10" gets you 10% off) which is great, but it seems there BASE prices went up. It's only another $30-$50 or so, so I'll eat the cost. It was just an unwelcome surprise. Darn wedding budgets :)

#5 Sheree10

• 1,026 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:58 PM

New promo code for 20% off: JULY4

it expires 7/5

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#6 Mischaka

• 969 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

If i'm not mistaken they have stopped free shipping. So that's probably what is making it so high.

#7 jackie_c

• 431 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sheree10
                New promo code for 20% off: JULY4

it expires 7/5
                Thanks so much for this! It brought the price back down to where I wanted it and I put my order in. I'll make sure to post my final result for other brides when they get in :)

Now all I have to worry about is the brokerage fees. You American ladies are so lucky to have so many great deals and free shipping on wedding stuff!

#8 lyndsay_h

• 218 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:36 PM

There is a $50 screening fee for each colour you use, so maybe that's what was raising your price.  We got lucky with our order, and 2 weeks after it said it went through I got an email that the mug we wanted was out of stock, so they gave us a similar and more expensive one for the original price.   Ours arrived pretty quickly after I got the notification it was shipped, with no brokerage fees or trouble with the border at all.    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users