engaged!! now what?!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Kendall

• 234 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

First thing I did was talk to a travel agent who specializes in destination weddings - she showed us many places (we knew we wanted all inclusive) and then we started to think of what date we wanted to get married exactly and she booked it! She was also able to tell us the best places to go and when so we were sure not to end up anywhere that there may be hurricanes or anything like that.

#12 MysTea

• 559 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:01 PM

Congrats! and as far as where to start....u have made the right decision to begin with BDW but secondly, I guess you can start with how much you are willing to spend? if u wanna have a legal or non legal? think of soomewhere u always wanted to visit/ vacay? hope that makes it easier?
      **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

#13 Nicyx

• 2,914 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

Hello, congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

#14 Le Reve Hotel & Spa

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
        • Vendor
        • 323 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

Dear Julia,

Welcome to BDW forum! You should probably start by choosing your wedding destination. Mexico would be a very good choice. To get more information about the Riviera Maya hotels, you should check the following website: Riviera Maya.

Happy wedding planning!

#15 LChavez

• 159 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

Now you research, research and research everything! This is a great place for info. Good luck.

#16 msjulie5475

• 528 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

Start by making a list of what you want and don't want then contact a TA.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Happy planning! Everyone seems so nice on the site and helpful.

#17 sammy2882

• 174 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

Picking your place and confirming your date is the hardest part, esp. because communication with a lot of these resorts is difficult. Look at tons of pics, ask people for recs. etc. Good luck!

#18 klarson

• 153 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:35 AM

Congrats and happy planning!! You will find everything you need and more here!!

#19 emmag87

• 161 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

Congratulations and Happy planning! I have also been looking at mexico & got advice from a friend who recently got married at the moon palace, cancun.
                    This forum has been great though with all the reviews etc

Good Luck

#20 sarahrose

• 77 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:51 PM

I typed the same thing into Google when I got engaged. I signed up for The Knot and got so overwhelmed that I started crying at work.

Definitely decide if you want a legal ceremony or not and if you do, do some research on residency requirements in different places, which should help narrow it down. There are places that require the bride and/or groom to be there a month before the wedding and there are places that don't have any residency requirements. Decide the time of year you want to be married, type of place, all-inclusive or not, and figure out how many guests you will have. The number of guests can help dictate whether a place will work for you or not. Also consider the must have people at your wedding and how difficult the travel might be for them. It is your wedding and you have to do what you want, but if you don't feel strongly about one specific place, check out how long flights are and how expensive the resorts are in the area. Budget is definitely another thing to keep in mind.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users