engaged!! now what?!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 julia625

julia625
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:18 PM

Hi everyone,

I just got engaged and plan to get married next spring/summer. The only decisions we have made so far is we want to get married someplace out of our hometown (want to keep it small, less then 75 guests) and want to get married outside someplace sunny. I have been exploring Mexico and the Caribbean, but feel so overwhelmed with all the choices! Help!

How do you start? How do you chose a desitation? How do you choose a location/resort? Ideas/recommendations? Where do you recommend and why?

All these questions are driving me crazy, so thanks in advance for any help/guidance anyone can offer!

#2 rpingree001

rpingree001
    • 264 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:26 AM

First off, congratulations!!! And secondly, scour this forum like crazy for pros and cons of all the resort options. Also, this forum has a ton of Travel Agent's that you can use to help narrow down your choices based off your preferences.

Happy Hunting!!

#3 autjo

autjo
      • 2,182 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

Congrats on your engagment! This forum will be a great help to picking a location. We started by making a list of must haves and would likes, then went from there. Check out the Dreams resorts for lots of locations and wonderful wedding packages :) Happy planning!

#4 Mellyrox

Mellyrox
        • 161 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

I spent a ton of time in the Wedding Reviews section of the forum. I find most people try to be as candid as possible in laying out what they liked and what they didn't like. It helped me final settle on the resort that I wanted.
          Vince and Mel - Grand Palladium Jamaica, May 04, 2011

#5 GVphotographer

GVphotographer
          • 2,667 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

Hi Julia,
          Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#6 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
          • 473 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

Now plan...plan...plan!! Most important please have fun planning!! Welcome and congratulations.

#7 JanineA

JanineA
            • 2,482 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

Congrats on your engagement and happy planning!

#8 Lisa B

Lisa B
              • 39 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

Congrats on your engagement! i was so overwhelmed when i first started too.. theres so many options and so many things to consider. The hardest part is picking a location. What i would suggest is pick a date and research the weather for best weather during that month. then start researching resorts for that destination... this forum helped so much with my choice of resorts bc of all the great reviews on here. after you choose a resort and book your date it gets easier and the fun stuff starts! good luck!

#9 bigboponthebeach

bigboponthebeach
                • 456 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:48 PM

Hi Julia! Welcome and Congrats!!! If I were you, I would make a list of all the things you want or desire in a location or resort. At that point, maybe you can either start looking at resorts or you can consult with a Travel Agent. There are some AWESOME Travel Agents on this site that I'm sure would be very happy to help you!

#10 islandbride317

islandbride317
                  • 1,866 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:24 AM

Hi, Julia --

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement & WELCOME to BDW!!!
                    I think you will find that this site will become the single *most* important tool available to you during your wedding-planning process -- I KNOW it was for me!

Very best wishes as your planning your way,
                    toward walking down the aisle on your Big Day!!

~ Christie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users