Photo

DREAMS TULUM brides please post here!

• Please log in to reply
1009 replies to this topic

#691 amy706

amy706
  • 506 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:37 AM

My understanding is that if you have over 50 people you have to do buffett?!?! At least that's what Sandra told me?!?!
    Amy706
    Washington, DC
    Dreams Tulum
    December 5, 2008
    Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

#692 LisaG

LisaG
    • VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:59 AM

Yes, I'm sure if you have over 50 people you have to do the buffett.
      I requested that a few of my guest have fish over beef and Sandra did not have a problem with it at all.

#693 SunBride

SunBride
      • 1,499 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:25 AM

I thought the buffet for over 50 people was only for the beach party (because that's the only place it's mentioned in the information guide) but I don't really know since it didn't apply to us (only 10 guests).

It would suck to pay the additional money for silver or gold dinner and be forced to have a buffet (seeing as that money is paying in part for the service)

#694 can't wait!

can't wait!
        • 517 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:18 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by SunBride
          I thought the buffet for over 50 people was only for the beach party (because that's the only place it's mentioned in the information guide) but I don't really know since it didn't apply to us (only 10 guests).

It would suck to pay the additional money for silver or gold dinner and be forced to have a buffet (seeing as that money is paying in part for the service)
          That's what I thought too! The new wedding guide says it MUST be buffet for dinners over 50 people on the beach. My reception is at the seaside grill and i was hoping to serve from the golden menu.

BTW I'm six months out. When does Sandra or Landy, I should say, start communicating with you? I've had so many questions but been hesitant to email because I know they are so busy and have other brides. My feeling is I should wait my turn.

#695 LisaG

LisaG
          • VIP Member
          • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:36 AM

I just kept a list of all my questions I had and I sent them to Sandra about 3-4 months before the ceremony. She was very responsive then.

#696 can't wait!

can't wait!
            • 517 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:03 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LisaG
              I just kept a list of all my questions I had and I sent them to Sandra about 3-4 months before the ceremony. She was very responsive then.
              Thanks! As you can imagine, I'm getting very ansy. I wanna know more about reception centerpieces....what kind of table they will have for a group of about 55...renting lounge furniture...etc etc.
              My mom wants to start buying stuff for the tables but since we don't know how many it will be I tell her to hold off. She says "just ask your WC"! If she only knew it takes forever and a day (that's if you're lucky!) for them to get back to you!

#697 LisaG

LisaG
              • VIP Member
              • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

Yes, it does take forever to get a response. They are alot quicker when your wedding is closer. They are now focusing on wedding that are 3-4 months and in...be patient....they will answer all your questions!

#698 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,921 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:41 PM

Just a heads up: I stocked up on sunblock, aloe, and mini tylonol... ALL FOR $1. This is a HUGE savings and they do not look cheap- I am picky.

Also, we bought little bottle coolers in the shape of a Hawaiian shirt, mini squirt guns, playing cards, mini loofahs (which is helpful when you are in the sand all day) and a few other goodies. They even had cute little totes that were hawaiian themed... but I was wanting to buy a little nicer one which I can afford now that I saved so much on the contents.

We are also planning on adding a few snacks which we plan on buying once we get there and I like the idea of a beach towel... but with the luggage restrictions I might skip that one.

Hope this post helps and remember EVERYTHING AT THE DOLLAR STORE IS $1!!! (Duh, right?!.)

#699 SunBride

SunBride
                  • 1,499 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by can't wait!
                    BTW I'm six months out. When does Sandra or Landy, I should say, start communicating with you? I've had so many questions but been hesitant to email because I know they are so busy and have other brides. My feeling is I should wait my turn.
                    Good mentality. You could try to send them a list of questions now, and who knows, if you get responses soon you are lucky, and if not then wait another couple months and send them again. It's nice of you to be fair, but if you haven't been bombarding them with questions, then I think it's fair for you to send one email with a list of questions.

#700 alin & mako

alin & mako
                    • 134 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:45 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LisaG
                      Yes, I'm sure if you have over 50 people you have to do the buffett.
                      I requested that a few of my guest have fish over beef and Sandra did not have a problem with it at all.
                      I have about 100 peeps coming, Gold package, not buffet, and my guests get to choose two options for dinner. But, I'm doing it in the new ballroom place so I don't know if that makes a difference. Good luck to everyone to get what they want!

alin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users