oh okay thanks!

#22 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by foxytv
      Click where is says "Host" and you will fill out a contact sheet and the consultant closest to you will be sent your info to contact you.
      Oops ... sorry, they just changed the website.

Do this ... go to www.thetravelingvineyard.com and click on "Contact Us" ... then click on "Tell me more about hosting a wine tasting" and you'll enter your contact info and a Consultant will contact you.

Do it from that website instead of mine, so it's sent to someone close to your zipcode (although I wish I could travel to CA and do it for you! haha).

#23 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:12 PM

I threw a game night party for a friend. We played drinking jenga, taboo, and other party games. Some of them stayed the night so it was almost a slumber party. No one's bra was frozen. It was a lot of fun to have a silly girls night.

I'm planning one now at a karaoke bar. We are going out to dinner, then karaoke & then back to her parents house to hot tub.

#24 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
        • VIP Member
        • 931 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:31 AM

my wedding was in march, so in February 9 girlfriends and I did a ski weekend. it was a BLAST!!!!

there are plenty of non-club activities out there.

#25 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:29 PM

Michelle, sorry I just saw this thread again. We went out to dinner after wine tasting and a nap, then we came home and watched mean girls and chatted. It was so fun just to have all my friends in one room with me. We stayed at my mom's house as most of them were in So Cal, however some had to fly in for it.

what about a bunko night or game night at the slumber party. You are so close to napa you could do a little wine tour (when we went tasting the day after the wedding, there was a bacherlette party at almost every winery). You can set up private tastings, its very cool. Let me know if you need some info on wineries that we went to.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#26 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
          • 433 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:35 PM

I'm not interested in the whole bar/stripper thing, either, but I am interested in doing something that we did for a friend of mine who got married. We went to one of those "Extreme Fitness" pole-dancing classes and it was a blast! Not to mention, my muscles ached for three days afterwards! None of us were serious about it, we all looked rather silly, but it definitely was in the spirit of the bachelorette party, but without the drunken debauchery! Dont' get me wrong, I used to love that, too, but now I'm too old for it!

#27 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:37 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by foxytv
            Oops ... sorry, they just changed the website.

Do this ... go to www.thetravelingvineyard.com and click on "Contact Us" ... then click on "Tell me more about hosting a wine tasting" and you'll enter your contact info and a Consultant will contact you.

Do it from that website instead of mine, so it's sent to someone close to your zipcode (although I wish I could travel to CA and do it for you! haha).
            I just sent your link to my hubby and to the girl I plan events with for my sorority alumni group...this is a very cool thing! thanks
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#28 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:40 PM

I want a roller disco party and then I want to have a slumber party at a posh hotel where they cater to your every wish.

I think if you do the wine tasting or spa thing you will have so much fun. Game night sounds like fun as well. I also think that pole class could be fun and its less invasive than having a stripper.

#29 michelle08

michelle08
              • VIP Member
              • 2,702 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:02 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Christine
                Michelle, sorry I just saw this thread again. We went out to dinner after wine tasting and a nap, then we came home and watched mean girls and chatted. It was so fun just to have all my friends in one room with me. We stayed at my mom's house as most of them were in So Cal, however some had to fly in for it.

what about a bunko night or game night at the slumber party. You are so close to napa you could do a little wine tour (when we went tasting the day after the wedding, there was a bacherlette party at almost every winery). You can set up private tastings, its very cool. Let me know if you need some info on wineries that we went to.
                Thanks Christine!! That sounds fun...I actually grew up in Amador County which is about an hour in the foothills from Sacramento and they have a bunch of wineries up there and it doesn't cost anything to taste. That is usually where we go. HOwever since I have never tasted in Napa that would be an idea too....

I Love games and I always feel like I"m an old lady or something but I used to have a bunco group but when I moved it ended. we usually try to get the group together once a year but this year we haven't had any luck.... :)

#30 michelle08

michelle08
                • VIP Member
                • 2,702 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:09 PM

I just love that there are so many of you who want to do the same slumber party low key event!! That makes me happy! :)

Glenda, I haven't gone roller skating in so long!!! I want to do that too!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users