Sign in to follow this  
sungoddess_08

need advice! leaving in 2 days!

I leave in 2 days and I can't decide on a father daughter song. My dad and I are SUPER close and I'm a daddy's girl to the bones. I've got it narrowed down to 3.

1) Al Martino - Daddy's Little Girl (great song and says daddy's little girl.!)

2) Frank Sinatra - The Way you Look Tonight (amazing song, but nothing about dads/daughters)

3) Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World (another amazing song that I get teary listening to)

the last 2 I love because they are ones I hear randomly and I think that's nice. The first one is the only one that mentions dads/daughters which makes it special for the dance, but I won't hear it often.

Well it doesn't have to have to a typical "father/daughter" song. It could just be a song that you to like.

but to vote...I say #3.

My vote is for Frank Sinatra - The Way you Look Tonight. I love that song.

I think that the song doesn't have to say something about dad or daughters for it to be a good song. I would go with whatever you want, even if it is something you might not really hear again on the radio like you said about #1.

I'm a daddy's girl all the way as well. My dad raised me by himself from when I was two and up (also a only child). My friend came across this song and when I heard the lyrics it so reminded me of my dad and me. It's Butterfly Fly Away by Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray Cyrus. There is a part of the song that says "you had to do it all alone, make a living and make a home, it must have been as hard as it could be" that part really gets to me. I want my dad to know how much his sacrifices mean to me.

YouTube - Miley Cyrus - Butterfly Fly Away with Lyrics

i don't really like the way you look tonight for father/daughter, always thought of it as a 50th anniversary husband/wife song which i hope to get to one day :)

i think you should do #1, it's perfect for a daddy's girl (which I am as well btw)!!

one week till your wedding....yay, congrats!!!!

I vote none of those and suggest Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman..atleast listen to it. IT was the perfect fit for my dad and I. I am a true daddy's girl as well and there wasn't a dry eye around...